Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Steering wheels

FS: Steering wheels

prices plus shipping from Aptos, CA 95003

My email's at michaelfred@sbcglobal.net Full descriptions and pics available.

Trimming down. No time for additional projects and I need flat faced wheels (short of leg, long of arm type). I'll never run a stock 400mm in my S. So, all must go. To keep my "whore" status I still have 5 wheels in my closet so don't feel sorry for me...feel sorry for my wife

Stock 400mm original leather wrap. 69 date, needs new stitching, with horn pad. Was going to stitch myself but, who am I kidding? It'll never be in my car unless I sell it. Not likely so...$150SOLD

Stock 400mm original leather wrap. 69 date, needs new stitching and maybe new cover, no horn pad. To many projects as it is... $75SOLD

350mm black dished MOMO Prototipo project. 88 date, Needs new leather. Included is the original cover and some leather I bought to do it. Not a kit and not cut to the pattern. Did I say too many?...$50SOLD

360mm silver dished MOMO Prototipo. 82 date, I brought this one back from the dead. Original leather and stitching. Has a couple of scuffs. I'd keep this one for myself but, it's dished. $150 SOLD

350mm black dished MOMO Signature wheel. Haven't figured out who yet. Maybe someone can help. 80 date, Very nice original condition. Just a hint of checking in the leather, looks almost like the grain if you didn't know the difference. I conditioned it a bit with Lexol awhile back and would apply some more before I shipped it. Again I was going to keep this one for my collection but, dished wheels won't work well for me..........$200SOLD
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Sent you an e-mail on the silver Prototipo.
    Regards,
    AM

Got it Andrew. Yours. I'll email you with the total.

Ciao,
    Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Michael,
    In looking at your wheels and kits...it would be cool if someone did a prototipo with the stock 380/400mm "X" stitching in white thread.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

You mean like this Bob?

I'm going to replace the original vinyl with leather but keep the cross stitch. The original cross stitch on this wheel is pretty large but, it's vinyl so it holds.. I had planned on tightening it up to close to stock because the leather will require it. I am keeping the white stitching because it looks bitch!n with the aluminum.

Got to be flat wheels with me.
    Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Revised the price on the signature wheel. I was hopped up on codine at the time for a nasty chest cold and not thinking clearly. Can't talk but, I can still type from home.
    Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Quote Originally Posted by bob tilton
    Michael,
    In looking at your wheels and kits...it would be cool if someone did a prototipo with the stock 380/400mm "X" stitching in white thread.
    Bob,

I have come across some reproduction prototipos. Have ordered one to check out the quality. heres a pic of one.

they say they have both dished and flat, silver and black. Flat ones may be of interest as they are NLA right ?
    Phil Lack
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    Past President: Australian TYP901 Register Inc. # 0002

2.0 '66 911R : sold
    2.0 '68 911S : sold
    2.4 '72 911E coupe original Aubergine
    2.4 '72 911E :sold
    2.4 '72 911T : sold
    3.6 '94 993 :sold
    3.6 '97 993 C2S :sold
    '01 Ferrari 360 sold
    '15 CLA250 Benz
    '12 BMW 1M coupe (OMG!)

It use to be that the flats were rare but it seems someone is making them or at least offering some old stash. 3 were offered on Ebay about 8 months ago from the same seller and went for around $325 ea. They did not have the smooth leather but rather a pebbled leather. I bought one of them but recently traded it for parts.
    I was recently offered a flat NIB proto for less than Pelican Prices. This proto was from the 80s.
    So it's hard to say if they are unavailable. I know they're hard to find. The part that you add to the scenario is the version available in silver and of course that they're available again.
    I know that I would only be willing to give up my 380mm wheel for a flat smooth leather proto or monza.
    Let us know what you find. The new flat versions due not have date stamps and the "prototipo" logo is spongy looking like too much ink on a smooth surface - no absorbtion.
    Michael - I like that wheel!
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

This is my current fave

You can also tell the age by the stitch count. Some of the newer ones are not even actually cross stitched together. Merely a straight stitch down both sides and glued. The 350mm dished project wheel I sold was like that.

Early Flat 360mm
    Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Michael, the signature Momo wheel on lower right is a CLAY REGAZZONI wheel. You have a PM.

Thanks !