Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Bad COA

Quote Originally Posted by daepp
    What's the difference betweena Kardex and a COA?
    They're the same thing.
    Carl Bauer - OBP
    1979 RoW 911SC
    1969 Subaru 360 - 1969 Winkelmann WDF1 - 2016 KTM RC390

Quote Originally Posted by ej11hhf
    They're the same thing.
    The Kardex was the original option sheet (from the build sheet) for your car that was actually created when your car was born, like a birth certificate for a genetically engineered baby. They stopped letting us copy/look at the Kardex some years ago because the German government was worried about the personal information that was included in the Kardex package -- all of the info on the original buyer was recorded here. Now you can get a COA, a Certificate of Authenticity, which in theory offically states what trim your car came in. Until last year, a really nice lady kept things together there. Those days have gone the way of the Kardex.
    1951 pre-A 356 (SOLD)
    1972 911T in "no-resale brown"

Can I order a COA from a PCNA member on this site? I can Paypal the money to the person. It's a bit cheaper for PCNA members, that's all.

Erwin,
    I'll be happy to order you one. I have had 5 COA's done w/o any problems. The old system that Barbara Kurz ran was very slow, the new system that is run through PCNA is much faster and responsive. It is my understanding that they have build records on site in US to do COA's. It may be there is an issue w/ new system in regards to getting a correct translation, maybe PCNA are using some kind of software for translation. Now I have never had a Kardex so I can't comment on value of information in one of those, the COA are not a comprehensive build sheet.
    Phil

Phil, PM me your Paypal email address, and I can paypal you the cost with my car's VIN (which you can find in the link in my sig anyway). Thanks Phil!

Kardex info

A Kardex has a wealth of info...here is one. It's for 1965 911 #300 149.

It gives:
    Serial number,
    Engine number,
    Transmission number,
    (have no idea what the ZundschioB FL 569/FL 569 is,
    or the Schlussel-Nr (keys?) FP )

The dates are testing and Handling dates (not the date of manufacture). Colors: exterior and Interior/Material.
    Tires.
    (Have no idea about the KD-Heft Nr 281 )

abschlieBb.(?) Radio, Aerial and speaker (with the remote tube chassis behind the passenger footwell)

Handler.

All lower information is the servicing records and have been covered over.
    On the 901 prototype Kardex this first line of information gave one as Porsche engineer/first owner Richard von Frankenberg, another as: H. Piech, and another as: Versuch (research).

This document was kept in the service center and updated with each servicing including current owner/mileage/parts replaced/problems.

By other documents the build date for 300 149 is 1 December 1964 and verifies that the engine and transmissions were as built.

This is the document for the build of the first 901 cars. it shows the first 10 cars shared 14 engines abd 17 transmissions.

These were from the factory about 15 years ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

Zundschloss is an ignition lock and schlussel does indeed refer to the key. Polsterung refers to the interior. It evidently had a locking (abschliess) antenna as well mounted on the passenger side fender extending into the footwell as does my '69.

Thats my take on it...
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

Kardex

Stefan, thanks for the German to english translation. All except the aerial is in the drivers side front fender just behind the gas filller lid. (We found the last three digits of the serial number stamped inside the headlight bucket so it's a pretty good bet that is where it was originally).
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

Funny how I just assumed it had the antenna on the passenger side since it was on the Kardex. Someone once told me that cars that came from the factory radio equipped had antenna's on the passenger side and those installed at the dock or dealer were on the drivers side.

There's likely no truth to that at all but it still sticks in my head.
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Bummler
    Funny how I just assumed it had the antenna on the passenger side since it was on the Kardex. Someone once told me that cars that came from the factory radio equipped had antenna's on the passenger side and those installed at the dock or dealer were on the drivers side.

There's likely no truth to that at all but it still sticks in my head.
    As far as I know, the factory installed all manual antennas on the driver's side. Power antennas, however, needed to be installed on the passenger side because of clearance problems for the antenna motor inside the driver's-side fender.