Thread: New Zealand Gray 1965

New Zealand Gray 1965

Does anyone have a contact for the seller or buyer of this car?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...n-77530366.htm

Richard, the seller mentions that the seats will have to be brought back to black leatherette. The red tartan plaid is a little loud, does anyone know if that is the same plaid used for the fitted luggage?

He didn't list the numbers for body or engine. If known please post.

There is an accessory switch and a blank hole to the left of the light switch. Cars #149 and #215 have them also. Same style, almost same positions. Anyone know what they were for? (The additioal wiring is long gone).
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

Tartan trim original ?

All,

I'd be very surprised if that tartan trim was ex-factory original....comments / proof anyone?

I requested the VIN/Engine details, seller not co-operative at all......suspicious to my mind, so I let the car go.

It wasn't concours, it needed not insignificant finishing judging by the pics and limited description. Having said that an intresting and rare car, though.
    Cheers

SC Kay
    Melbourne, Australia

I second that about the tartan seat material. The lines in the pattern seem too wide.
    Someone in another thread mentioned that it could have been matching to the original 356/early 911 tartan luggage which Porsche offered as an option back then. I have seen numerous pic's of the original tartan luggage, and this is nowhere close to that. Regardless, the seats could always be redone, or replacedments could easily be found, so the incorrect seat covers aren't that big of a deal.

Similar Threads

1. The problem with living in New Zealand...
    By Andy 74 in forum Other Porsche Passions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-30-2014, 06:49 AM
  2. FS- 1972 911 ST project - new zealand
    By advtracing in forum For Sale/Wanted: Early 911 Cars, 1965 - 1973
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-27-2012, 05:13 PM
  3. Early911NZ - November run , New Zealand
    By advtracing in forum Drives, Tours, Gatherings, Racing and Adventures
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-21-2009, 07:55 PM
  4. New Zealand Members