Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Displacement Stickers?

white/red: both in 70 and 71 ?

Quote Originally Posted by xenifizi
    Yes, the Targa's did have the same 2.2 engine displacement sticker on the rear window.
    This picture was taken in july 1970.

Someone has a period COLOR photo of an 1970 model with original 2.2 sticker in white/yellowish ?
    So far,in period literature and factory/press shots for 70 models, i found them always only red/orange.
    For 1971, one can find both colors.
    The 1970 S-model in Steve MQ Queen's film looks like it has one, but i'm not 100% shure when i zoom in the picture...would be nice to confirm it...
    Thanks !
    Registry member No.773

This guy may have what you are looking for, see below ad:

Porsche Rear Window Engine-size Stickers- All engine sizes: 2.0, 2.2, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 3.0, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, and 3.8. Same size as the 1970-’71 2.2 rear window sticker but with the engine size of your choice. Measures 5” wide x 4” high. A must have for all 911 engined hot rods. Very cool! Outside Application for easy on and easy off. Guaranteed 8 years. $25.00 ea with free shipping anywhere in the USA. Buy 2 for $45.00 and get free shipping anywhere in the USA. FOB 89445. Any questions call Tom at 775-625-4023 or e-mail ctwfactorytour@hotmail.com
    Joe Annicelli
    Early 911S Registry #751
    Polo Red/Black 1967 Porsche 911S Coupe "Walter"
    Black/Red 1967 Alfa GTJr. Coupe "Nero"
    Italian Red 1994 Ducati 900SS/SP looks fast standing still
    Italian Red 1957 Gilera 150 Sport

Ahhhh the sixties... I envision myself one early Saturday morning wearing plaid shorts, black shoes with white socks smoking a cigarette heading to the hardware store to buy a bag of nails.
    SWB cars are an acquired taste however once acquired theirs no turning back.

Scope Creep Poster Child
    Brad-
    Your fan shroud sticker should read 2200 where you see 2000. Unfortunaltely, the correct one is not available. I've been on a search for one myself.
    -Scott
    Early S Registry 1047
    ’15 VW GTI
    '70 911E, Sold

'56 Cliff May Prefab

colour of 2..2?

What colour were the numbers on the 2.2 sticker? There is clear period proof (magazines from 70, photos, film) that some were orange/red, but it's difficult to know if the yellow coloured ones are from 1970/71 or from recent images of discoloured orignal stickers.

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Your Car?

Yes, the Targa's did have the same 2.2 engine displacement sticker on the rear window.
    This picture was taken in july 1970.
    I'm diggin the dual rear fog lights! Details Man! Details! Can't make it out. A "T"?
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

The car is an S.

The dual foglights was "avant la lettre" (that is before they became mandatory). The story goes that before lawmakers made them an obligation they used to install two of them, on each side of the car. At one time lawenforcers did forbit to have two of them. So some drivers had to convert them back to one foglight (left side).

For years, in Belgium at least, we were only allowed to have a left side one.
    Today the situation is different and we can have them on both sides, most carmakers do make modern cars with two foglights.

So back in the seventies there were already people that were more aware of road safety than others. There is nothing new under the sun!!!

I agree, the dual fogs look cool. Are they mounted to the decklid or the license panel?

I don't imagine pausing for a little bubbly just off the motorway is allowed nowadays...
    Brad Anderson
    911 1970 einspritzung Karmann coupe 0012

Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by Milou
    What colour were the numbers on the 2.2 sticker? There is clear period proof (magazines from 70, photos, film) that some were orange/red, but it's difficult to know if the yellow coloured ones are from 1970/71 or from recent images of discoloured orignal stickers.
    milou, back to our old question..
    looks like nobody has a period photo from 1970.
    I (also) think they existed in red/orange and white..and the white ones faded to yellowish with thier age. We both saw several 911s in original condition and with a white 2.2 sticker... never i could see or find a small trace of red/orange in it. (which would certainly be found as stickers dont fade all identical and are not all exposed to UV-rays in similar ways...)

So far, i havent been able to find a period photo of an 1970 model with white sticker...so sometimes i stick to the idea of actually
    red/orange only for 1970 models- Brookland's period test-photos from 70/71 could lead to that conclusion too- I could be wrong, tough.

Who has a period color photo of an 1970 model with original white 2.2 sticker on it ?

Here a 1971T with white/yellowish 2.2 sticker, that car is currently discussed on the board and seems to be never restored and in original condition:
    Registry member No.773

The car is an S.

The dual foglights was "avant la lettre"

Thanks for the info! Do you think then that the second rear fog was done by the dealers in Belgium or imported that way?

I had two rear NOS fog lights and I contemplated doing this very thing. The Martini turbos were the inspiration. I decided against it though and sold the second. This is also the first time I have seen the rear fog mounted that high up. Were they already installed that way or done later?
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Both fog lights were definitly installed by the local Porsche dealer. I think it was asked by the customer to mount them that way, as it did look much better than just besides the exhaust pipe (the normal place to mount the left hand side rear fog light). They were mounted on the licence plate panel.
    Yes, can't imagine today to stop at the side of the Autobahn and have a sip of bubble's.
    Those were the days....