Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Give Back To Early S Registry If You Can

Give Back To Early S Registry If You Can

Thanks Ed... this whole deal is kind'of'a labor of love... (From Chuck on Holiday Greetings from S Board.)

I did not want to take away from the wonderful Post from the Board on the Holiday Wishes for the Xmas Season. That is why I started a new thread. They all are very GRACIOUS, and I applaud them for that. With that said, when Chuck says this is a Labor of Love, it is the under-statement of the Year!! All of these incredible Board Members spend 100's & 100's of HOURS AND HOURS each year to make this site the most incredible Early 911 Information Site in the WORLD, and I said "THE WORLD" If someone knows of a better site, email me with the log in, and I would be "AMAZED", if it was even close. I have said for years, that the dues should be increased, so that all of these INCREDIBLE volunteers do not have to spend soooooooo muuuuuuch time to make this site what it is. Hiring of a full time Administration person would make all of their lives much easier, and insure that all of us will continue to benefit from all of the hours they will STILL spend to make this site the best in the "World"! I have stopped beating that drum, as it seems to fall on deaf ears for many in the group. I have accepted that decision. So, I am calling to all of you who think that this group of dedicated Early 911 folks who make up this board, deserve to spend more time on enjoying the Early Cars, and less time pulling time making sure someone is in the booth at each event to make sure you can buy a Hat or T-Shirt to cover some of the costs of this site and club, or to set up many of the yearly events. I know many of you do not have any extra money to put into the club, other than your regular dues, and that is okay. I also know, that many of you CAN AFFORD to put in extra money, and those are the folks I hope understand what I am talking about. All of these thoughts and questions come from me and no one else. Xmas is the time for giving, and I can not think of a better way to bring in the New Year than giving extra money to this great SITE!, if you can. There are over 2,000 who view this site, and there are only about 600 paid members :confused I would like to put out the challenge to raise an extra $18,000 this year, which is only and average of $30 more per year for each of the 600 currently paid members. I will be sending a check for $530, which will cover 17 of those members who can not afford another $30 for their membership. Who of you out there would also like to step up and help this FANTASTIC SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    14 Gallons of gas at $3.00 plus per gallon, = $42.00!! Is it worth 1 tank of gas extra in dues this year to make sure this site continues to be the BEST SITE IN THE WORLD FOR EARLY LONG NOSE 911 CARS?????? I think the answer is OBVIOUS Merry Xmas to All. Send your checks to: Early 911S Registry, 433 Maryland St., El Segundo, Ca. 90245-3814
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

If I can join while being halfway around the world, (especially with our exchange rate) all of you guys can.

Great thread Eade Hopkinson,
    In other words give and you will receive, don't just keep taking(2000 viewers and 600 paid members=1400 takers) .

Now lets see how many posts this thread gets. Lets see how many replies there are compared to the" show your ride" thread or any thread that talks about an ebay listing where there is something wrong with the car or seller or both. This is more important,THE CLUB NEEDS THE MONEY TO KEEP GOING.

For those who are wondering who is writing this post, my name is Jim Moore(GYMMOE) I always pay my dues, and I attend board meetings, and I work the booth at events, and as you can tell by my membership number I've been a member for a very long time.

PS, Thank you Eade Hopkinson for your contribution. One more thing, at these board meetings I always suggest that only members should be able to post on this website, but they keep out voting me(lucky for you takers). Jim
    Early 911S Registry #161

renewed my membership, joining from Europe.
    A great site, great members, the very, very best.
    Thank you for all your contributions, you always make my day

Just renewed my membership and bought a few shirts as a holiday gift to myself. No reason for any of us to not provide a few $$ in support. The cost is trival compared to what we spend on the cars. This is the season to support those that support us.
    Harry

Member #789
    1970 VW Sunroof Kombi Bus - "The Magic Bus"
    1973.5 911T Targa for fun - "Smokey"
    2009 MB C300

Well put Eade, I'll be glad to contribute another $30 besides my membership, will try and do it through paypal right now.

Done, I had to do it as a renewal even though I renewed in October.

Thanks Registry crew
    Henry

I completely agree. I just paid my annual dues via PayPal. I have no problem with adding to the Registry funds above and beyond the normal registration fees. However, I suggest that we consider making membership a criteria for participating on this BBS. Note the following BBS stats:

Members: 2,135
    Active Members: 729

There are 1,406 NON-PAYING members currently. At $30/member, that's $42,180 in uncollected revenue. It's truly unfair for that many people to not pay into the BBS while the minority foots the bill (and especially if I need to consider offering MORE). My .02
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Peter, and to all, just to clarify....

The stats you read on the bottom of this board have nothing to do with the paying members of the club.

The first number is the total of people who have registered to be on the message board...today it's 2135.
    The second number is the number that actually contribute threads to the message board... today it's 729.

BTW- That's ALLOT of people looking at what we write...

The stats for paid club memberships are given to us on the governing board of the Early 911S Registry by our Data Base Advisor Fred Trueman... At our meeting 2 weeks ago the number was about 490... under 500... with about 80 up for renewal for this quarter...

We've been hovering at about 500-525 paid members for about the last 3 years...

If someone can come up with an easy system to coordinate 500 + members, who's memberships are all due at different quarters, with some kind of a gate keeping program that will allow members to have access to the message board only if they are registered and paid before hand, and disallow all the rest … please let me know.

It's kind'a like trying to get the toothpaste back in the tube. We should have set up a club membership system for access to the message board up in the first place… but we didn't. In fact our system was on "the things not to do list" when I consulted with the Australian TYP901 Register about setting up their message board… theirs was started as a paid club membership to contribute.

Hope this answers some of the questions…

Holiday cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller
    :
    If someone can come up with an easy system to coordinate 500 + members, who's memberships are all due at different quarters, with some kind of a gate keeping program that will allow members to have access to the message board only if they are registered and paid before hand, and disallow all the rest … please let me know.

It's kind'a like trying to get the toothpaste back in the tube. We should have set up a club membership system for access to the message board up in the first place… but we didn't. In fact our system was on "the things not to do list" when I consulted with the Australian TYP901 Register about setting up their message board… theirs was started as a paid club membership to contribute.
    Holiday cheers,

Chuck,

Stupid question: What if we shut down, reopened the server as a dues paying Registry? We would be like the TYP901?

Too many people taking advantage, IMHO. I feel the Registry should be getting a percentage of every item sold in the classifieds...even if its from .05 to 1% on automobles?? 5% on parts?

With the money, we can update the server, make improvements. Example: no one will have problems like uploading photos
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller
    You can do this via vBulletin's Paypal/membership system already. Set up a paid usergroup, promote people to that usergroup who pay via vBulletin's paypal subscription, make it so that registered members can read but can't post unless they pay. That is all automated.