Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What 901 LSD did I just buy???

What 901 LSD did I just buy???

I've been thinking about getting a 901 LSD for my 911L project, and this one became available (Merry Christmas to me!) It looks like it's still in the factory wrapper.

The hub says: #40610040C4 91921

The plate says: #4061204001 204001

Can anyone give me any further details?

Thx,
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Henry Garazo
    '68 Polo Red 911L Barn Find
    '70T 2.7 Coupe
    '58 1600S T2-A Speedster
    '87 Triple Black Carrera Coupe
    "Form Follows Function"
    Early 911S Registry #962
    Potomac Region PCA

Henry,

Call Jeff Ericson at Aase ...
    He has ALL the books and cross-references.

(714) 992-2283

And for all that need factory LSD work, Jeff has a bench at the shop just for it. He has a stock of new parts so he doesn't have to order almost anything... so... a very quick turnaround.

Did a complete rebuild on mine in 4 days...

Hope this helps,
    Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Early 901 aluminum box only. Must have Nadella drive flanges to fit over the stub axles that protrude from the slip. With out the proper flanges that are only found on idential LSD units you have an expensive paper weight.

Carquip can supply splined flanges so you can use regular CV's.

Thanks guys. I'll call and find out. I hope I can use it!
    Henry Garazo
    '68 Polo Red 911L Barn Find
    '70T 2.7 Coupe
    '58 1600S T2-A Speedster
    '87 Triple Black Carrera Coupe
    "Form Follows Function"
    Early 911S Registry #962
    Potomac Region PCA

Got a pic without the bag?

Correct, you can get CV style flanges similar to those used in the 906-910 cars through Critical Operations Inc. The last pair I bought were just under $2,000. They are very nice pieces and require the small 67 type axle/cv size.

Tom at carquip should have some stock 901 flanges I have splined for him. They will be much more reasonable than $2,000.

Erich

Erich, so you have supplied FEMALE drive flanges in CV style for the non preload style LSD for Aluminum transmissions.

Yes they are Female flanges, Al. case, I am not sure about the non preload. I have them in my 356 (www.stamping.com/excellence.pdf ), which is about half as cool as the orange "bigblock" in the most recent excellence.

Erich