Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What 901 LSD did I just buy???

Thanks Erich, you OBVIOUSLY have a clue what is going on.......very nice machine yourself, you have me thinking about my Roadster.....

A company called Critical Operations makes the same thing, only for the smallest of the CV joints however. What size CVs are you running?

Jeff,

They are the stock male output flanges that I cut the male spline off, and machine a female spline into them. They then use the stock early 911 CV joints. By the way I also like Vanagons and have a 1989 wolfsburg with a 3.6
    motor and twin turbo brakes at all corners.

Erich Wilms

I love the VWs as well. Mine is a DOKA syncro hunting version. Send my your email and I will send some photos.

Wait till ya get a load of what Eade's got cooking, speaking of VW's...hehe.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Sorry for the delay. Here's some pics of the bare naked LSD. I hope this may clarify things.

Thanks for your input.

Happy New Year everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Henry Garazo
    '68 Polo Red 911L Barn Find
    '70T 2.7 Coupe
    '58 1600S T2-A Speedster
    '87 Triple Black Carrera Coupe
    "Form Follows Function"
    Early 911S Registry #962
    Potomac Region PCA

The bottom pic shows a close-up shot of the bare diff housing's part number. The completed diff's part number is in the first pic near the endcap.

I found this number near the end - looks like 4061304? (the last number is covered by the washer). Thanks for the tip dvkk!

Does that help?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Henry Garazo
    '70T 2.7 Coupe
    '58 1600S T2-A Speedster
    "Form Follows Function"
    Early 911S Registry #962
    Potomac Region PCA

Isn't chemistry always nano?
    Holy smokes, , they assemble those things with bending tab washers!?!

Please tell me you are going to take those suckers out... biggest abomination known to man. If the tab is soft enough for you to bend, it is too soft to maintain the bolt preload...

Get those suckers out of there and replace them with a ground and hardened washer. Use a dab of blue locktite and torque them proper. They won't come out.

If you have more grip length than you need, and I would guess you should since the body will be hardened, you can use the bolts with the nylon inserts (male nylock) if you are going to be taking the thing appart alot to adjust the clutch pack. I would replace with 'new' bolts every two or three removals.

tadd

Tadd,

The "bent" washers are some kind of weird set up. In the very first picture, you can see each one also has a 1/4" tab extending down the hub to further lock it. If that's not how it's meant to be, I'll change it.

Thanks,
    Henry Garazo
    '70T 2.7 Coupe
    '58 1600S T2-A Speedster
    "Form Follows Function"
    Early 911S Registry #962
    Potomac Region PCA