Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rs 312

Rs 312

For the ones who keep records on 73 RS's
    I saw number 312 yesterday
    Maybe someone here already knows the car or its history

They told me it was found and was really trashed.
    It is being rebuild now (in Light Yellow, no idea if this is the original colour) for rallies and it is going to Holland when finished.
    Sorry I've taken no pictures

regards
    hgo

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar

Hi,

This car is being advertised in the September issue of Oldtimer Markt in Germany. The ad reads: Porsche Carrera RS-light weight, VIN 9113600312. Rebodied in 1975 to RSR, 22 years in private hands, since 1980 stored in heated garage, attracted loads of dust and never used. Bidding is open for this car! Is this the same car you saw? Color is sort of pale metallic blue.

Cees

Rebodied in 1975 to RSR.

All you need to know.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

312 color

#312 was color code 626212 (light yellow) as stated, unfortunately they made 296 Carrera's in this color 50% more than any other color. #312 had engine number 6630340 transmission number 7830314 options 220 and 409 Built 12/1973

Rs 312

The reason I questioned this car is the body color and Hgo from Belgium mentioned that the car was in for a a rebuild and would go to Holland. Seems that it never happened so I wondered if there is another 312 around...may be even in the US? From what I can see on the small pic that comes with the ad, the car has just the RSR look, I don't think it has a new shell.

Cees

I saw the car "as found" and the shop owner told me he needed to do a fast
    cosmetic restauration for a guy in the Netherlands who owned it and wanted to do some historic rally-race with it
    When I saw the car at first it was light yellow( unrestored but I seemed resprayed somewhere in the past)
    the repaint was again in light yellow
    I 've no idea what happened with the car from then on, but I saw it twice and the one I saw was not rebodied, just a normal 2.7RS body (in very hard used rough shape)

Rs 312

I will try to scan the ad from the Oldtimer Markt magazine and post it. Time to e-mail the guy who placed the ad and see if he can provide some info. This smells...

Groet, Cees

this is the reason I posted my encounter with the car.

Rs0312

Hi,

Here's the ad....

Cees
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Oh my...that WAS an RS body and had that done to it????? Wow man, they must put good stuff in their hookas over there! Restoration should be a real challenge ($$$$$$$$$$$$)
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330