Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rs 312

Rs 312

I don't beleive thats to unusual for the eighties..a buddy of mine here in DC
    Maryland area had an RS rebuilt or rebodied into a 930 turbo style, flares
    rockers interior and all whale tale included..of course he received it this way
    it had been done in Germany of course!
    Only original items were the mechanicals and suspension and FAST! I mean
    this thing was the fastest car I had ever been in at the time lets see around
    '83-'84 had my first 911 ,yeah ...much faster than my pig!
    I had never seen 150 !!! well I did that day! Thanks Bert

Hgo

I have the car now, and trying to research the history. Do you know who owned it at the time?
    And which shop was restoring the car.
    Know that it was raced soon afterwards in Europe on Belgium plates, then the car came to the UK

Dan

I send you a PM

regards

hgo

I have recently been involved with the sale of this car for one of my customer who finally gave up due to some troubles whith what the car is really.
    After a long inspection it is clear now that this is a complet fake and nothing else. Wrong gearbox: type 915/40 instead of 915/08. Wrong engine stamping: number "3" with round top instead of flat top, new chassis plate, bodyshell restamped. The car located in UK till 3 weeks ago and is reputedly having been sold for the original asking price ($600.000). During my research I tried to speak with one of the 2 workshops which were involved in the restoration or rebuid of the car but never get any feedback. One more RS to avoid....

hgo
    The current owner of #0312 is fully aware that it's a 'built' car, though carrying the #0312 ID. It's currently here with us in the UK. He's had it thoroughly sorted for road use and track days, and it's now a remarkably good and correct RS spec car.
    He asked me if I can try and put its history together, but I've not been able to trace anything definite prior to its import to the UK in Feb 2008.
    Can you help?
    Or can dan parker or greg2914 forward me any information?
    The main interest is simply what happened to the original car, and might there be another #0312 anywhere.