Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 67 chrome bumperettes?

67 chrome bumperettes?

Hi, I'm restoring a 67 911 and am wondering about the correct bumperettes for it. All chrome or chrome with the rubber strip?
    I should know this and I thought I did but after talking to a few different people I'm not sure now. My thought was the chrome and rubber ones, but I have heard different. Fact is I do prefer the all chrome ones as I like the vintage look. What do you guys think?
    Tom

Hi Tom,
    The 67 had chrome with the bumper strip. Last year of the all chrome bumperettes was 1966. Is the aga 67 with the 2.7 you are getting back together?

Yes, this one is Aga blue. The paint was actually pretty nice but I just can't seem to leave anything alone. I see the cars as they can be and so off to the paint shop. It's fun.
    I do have both kinds of bumperettes now so I can put on either although I'd prefer the all chrome ones if remotely correct. Any other thoughts?
    Tom

My "standard" 68 (non-L) has the all-chrome bumperettes, FWIW
    Roger
    68 Sand Beige 911 Coupe #11830091
    84 Moss Green 911 Carrera

Quote Originally Posted by gruen911
    Hi Tom,
    The 67 had chrome with the bumper strip. Last year of the all chrome bumperettes was 1966.

Sorry to disagree - perhaps this is different for different markets - my UK '67 L is a '68 model year. I have photos of her in Car magazine from April '68 showing the chrome overriders.

Philip
    --
    1973 911 Carrera RS #496
    Early 911S Registry #1808

My 69 912 has chrome only bumperettes.

John, member # 322

Glad this came up, i was not shure, i have a 69 ROW, chrome bumperrettes, and a US not chrome 911 both.

Another question... I have two different chrome and rubber bumperettes. One set came with a SWB front bumper (small deco) and are closed off in the back, all chrome. The other set has flat plastic plugs closing off the back (hoodside).

So I'd like to know what is correct for my '67 S.
    Torsion Bar Impaired... again.

Quote Originally Posted by Flätsix
    One set came with a SWB front bumper (small deco) and are closed off in the back, all chrome. The other set has flat plastic plugs closing off the back (hoodside).
    My all chrome on the 68 are closed off in the back with chromed metal. I originally had "overrider" bars front and back, so the bumperettes all had screw holes on the inner faces. At one point I ordered replacements from one of the catalog companies...they came with plastic backsides. I've talked to other early-car owners and it seems that all the plastic backside bumperettes were replacements.

So I'm guessing that's the difference...original vs replacements.
    Roger
    68 Sand Beige 911 Coupe #11830091
    84 Moss Green 911 Carrera

rubber trim...

on the chrome bumperettes was always an option from 67 and up. Included for the 911S cars and up. The S trim option was always available.

WIthout the purchased option, all had chrome only. My 67 911 normal had the trim option. I believe that it was mentioned in the paperwork for that car. I no longer have that paperwork or the car. However, I have also owned two 67 912 cars and both did not have the trim option.

Shawn.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399