Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Drives The Viper Green Rocket?

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!

Who Drives The Viper Green Rocket?

So I'm minding my own business on the 10 freeway tonight. Headed west toward the Santa Monica tunnel. Rush hour traffic dying down a bit about 7 PM. And suddenly, I see a pair of headlights in my rearview mirror, RUSHING at me. And I'm thinking, "Hey, that could be an early 911 like mine." And then I hear this sound -- waaaaAAAAA! The sound of a 2.7 (or more), driven with real anger. And this Viper Green RS (could have been real, could have been a clone, but the only thing for sure is WHOEVER was driving had their right foot on the floor and) ROCKETS by me. So eventually my E catches up to this guy, now stuck behind slower traffic and then -- waaaAAAAAA! He cuts across five lanes of traffic, (I think) powered down the empty freeway shoulder and up the exit to Lincoln Blvd. Cripes. What a display of raw power. So -- who was it? Anyone we know...?
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

Sandy,
    I am guessing that the viper green RS (clone) was lucky you were in your 911E instead of your 3.2 914. Then he would have understood what real power is...

Wasn't me...

Hmmmm...haven't seen him around...wasn't me, wish it was!
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Rob was that you????????
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Sandy,

Of course you might never know for sure...

But last year at the Dana Point 356 show a guy show up with a super bad ass Viper Green clone that I hadn't seen before...
    Surfer looking guy in his early 40's with his little boy...
    Nice guy, South Bay I think... and willing to talk about his car...

All I got was a shot of his motor..... I think he said 2.9 or 3 liter ... the car was beautiful and ALL BUSINESS...

Cheers,
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Sandy,
    If that was the car, then you were better off leaving your 3.2 914/6 in the garage. A twin plug badass 2.9 would have given you a run for your money.It would have been funner to watch too. If it was the same guy, hopefully he didn't have his kid with him when he made his high speed maneuvres...

Would this be the car you saw blow by you? If so it was Joseph Herreros. He's a chef that lives in Santa Monica and is on Pelican often. The car has a 3.2EFI Carrera motor. I believe with a Steve Wong chip.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bobby
    71' Olive 2.2E Targa / Early S #491

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Could have been either of those green cars. It was definitely all business.

Don't know if my 914/3.2 could have kept up, but either I don't have the balls, or I worry too much about my auto insurance premiums, to drive 90 mph through mild rush hour traffic.
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

The car that Chuck posted is pretty quick. I ran with him at an Open Track day, he's a good driver and the car really cooks - really nice guy, too. Unfortunately his name escapes me.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

reminds me of last yr toy and lit show in LA when the Seinfeld group left during heavy weekend traffic up the 405 on their way to the SM airport and instead of doing the slow clutch pop all the way from the airport they jumped on the shoulder and sped all the way from the airport to SM fwy with the 959S leading the way. No CHP to be seen
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser