Thread: Do members care about Porsche as a company?

Do members care about Porsche as a company?

I get some limited Porsche insight when they send me quarterly reports. Take a look at these events and comment. Do members of this board know these things are happening and do they care?

September 2006 Porsche buys 20% of troubled VW Group

June 2006 another 5%

November 2006 VW boss Bernd Pischetsrieder resigns after a vote of no confidence by the VW Supervisory Board. This was based on his cost cutting measures and a planned link up with MAN and Scania, truck manufacturers.

December 2006 speculation of another 5% giving Porsche outright control of Europes largest auto manufacturer at 2.6m cars per year.

New VW boss Martin Winterkorn, formerly of Audi, looks to be heavily influenced by Porsche, raising the possibility of an increased shareholding.

Management crisis solidifies the position of Ferdinand Piech, chairman of the VW Supervisory Board and former Audi engineer. Some are calling for his resignation due to conflict of interest.

Porsche fiscal year ended July 31. Their pre tax profit was 2.11bn Euro, or nearly 4m Sterling Pounds every day.

Porsche extends the contract of Dr Wendelin Wiedeking for a further five years. That’s his fourth five-year term with Porsche since the early 90s.

December 2006 Porsche stock closes at 1250.00 USD per share.
    JLC
    rgruppe# 344
    collinsgruppe@bellsouth.net

Porsche - There Is No Substitute 2POINT7's Avatar
    I have read and followed some of the news about this and you have assembled a nice chronological recap. I'd like to see you make one adjustment and one addition, however.

The initial 20% purchase was in September of 2005, not 2006; probably just a typo there but I would also like you to present the stock price in USD just prior to that purchase, say August of 2005. With that, readers of this thread can more clearly assess the impact to shareholders, at least, that these purchases of VW's stock has had on Porsche.

Yes, some of us care.
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1958 Porsche 356A Sunroof Coupe
    1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2008 Porsche Carrera S (her dd)
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)

its probably not much of a close family now so how much can you really care the uniqueness of the single model and early rarity if you had a 911 and would run into another in the neighborhood is long gone. there is a Porsche on every block now. good for the co. I suppose but does not instill much closeness like the Registry does. IMO
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

I'm in the middle of a move to NC so I took the stock price from my last AG Edwards folio. Closed at 1323.58 Friday...52 week low 748.64. So someone doubled their money if purchased one year ago. Even more if you got in further back.

I like what I see Porsche doing. There are tons of 911 models, lots of other models including some new ventures, the money's there. No complaints as a stock holder. I just would like to see a more adventurous racing effort.

Example: An overall Le Mans win. That's not my wallet talking, that's my motorsports side. But when you think of it, if Audi wins Le Mans, VW wins. If VW wins, Porsche wins.
    JLC
    rgruppe# 344
    collinsgruppe@bellsouth.net

Talk in germany is that Vw might spin their three branches, sell of skoda, seat and porsche would keep audi and Vw, but then there is Piech who has a conflict of intrest and many are reluctant to do it, thats what i have heard at zuffenhausen. Buy POrsche is making tonss of money, even though sales of the cayene are down, but the 911 is seliing like hot cakes.
    will se what happens, now if porsche becomes porsche + what ever will the value of our cars increase?
    any opinions?

Porsche can't go it alone as a small manufacturer. Grabbing control of V.W. is a smart move and it was also seen as a way to keep a hostile take-over from occuring.
    They are much less interesting to someone who may have planned such a play.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

The only real problem I see is that Peich ego sometimes gets in the way of sound business ideas (VW Pheaton) the more control they have over VW/Audi the bigger the race budget gets imagine if they had budget the budget that Audi has they would be unstoppable.

how do purchase Porsche stocks?
    spoke to a stock broker who said that you couldnt...doesnt sound right.