Thread: Which battery to connect for a jump start?

Which battery to connect for a jump start?

This may be a dumb question but can anyone tell me how I should attempt to jump start my 911 with the two battery set up? Is one of the batteries the "main" battery? Any suggestions would be much appreciated as I'm hoping to use the car tomorrow.

Thanks in advance
    Nick

Iam not sure it matters but I would jump the one on the drivers side I had one I got running a few weeks ago I took the drivers side out and replaced just it to get it running.

OK. Was now just wondering how would I know if I can get away with jump starting or whether I have to remove both batteries and charge them.

Nick

Its always better to charge the batterys. If you jump start it it causes the altnator to have to work very hard to recharge the battery.

If you want to kill the alternator why not just hit it with a sledgehammer?

Charge the batteries, doesn't matter which one because they are wired in parallel, until you get 12.6V. 12.2V is a 25% charged battery. Your alternator was designed to bring the batteries back from about 95%.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Thanks guys.
    Nick

Similar Threads

1. Jump on in.....
    By Chuck Miller in forum General Info
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 03-29-2017, 07:20 PM
  2. Help needed : how to connect a 10000rpm tachometer
    By jdj123 in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-27-2014, 07:09 AM