Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Seats

Vintage Seats

I ordered an RS seat for my 911 from Michael at vintage seats on Feb 5th, he said it would take about a month. After a month I called, he said he was waiting for some "foam" and it would be another couple of weeks, for my trouble he would ship the seat free, cool. I expected the seat this week, I sent several emails and called several times and left messages, no response. I was wondering if any one else has had trouble contacting Michael this week. I know how these specialty shops come and go I was wondering if I should move on. Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

Richard
    Richard
    70T 3.2 Max Moritz GP White
    74 BMW 2002tii Inca
    54 Ford F100 Two Tone

Handmade seats of the quality provided by this vendor take time and are labor intensive; it's not likely this particular specialty shop going away as they just reformed and are getting things going. Be patient, like any small operation there's surely a reasonable explanation.
    Last edited by Bullethead; 03-24-2012 at 08:45 PM.
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Richard,
    Dont fret.
    Michael is well known in our Porsche community and a stand-up guy.
    He will follow thru with a well crafted product.
    As Russ mentioned he took over Vintage Seats not to long ago
    and is restructuring from the previous owner.
    Steve

Thanks guys, Michael has always gotten back to me so getting no response from him this week led me to post. I'm cool with the time the seat is taking just like to be kept in the loop. I hope to hear from him soon.

Richard
    Richard
    74 BMW 2002tii Inca
    54 Ford F100 Two Tone

I'm ready to buy a seat from Michael too. I have every faith that he's a stand up guy. Hell, he's one of the gang!
    Last edited by Jens; 03-23-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

PCA Club Race at Road Atlanta this weekend may be occupying him for the time being...

If I see him I'll let him know about this thread
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Thanks beh911 I think he said he would be in LA this weekend but I've been trying to contact him since last weekend
    Richard
    74 BMW 2002tii Inca
    54 Ford F100 Two Tone

Richard - Michael is a good friend of mine and we speak a few times a week. I assure you he is not going anywhere and is working through some start up logistics stuff.

- Farrell

Thank you Farrell, Michael usually gets back to me, I asked the list because he hasn't returned my emails or calls.
    Richard
    74 BMW 2002tii Inca
    54 Ford F100 Two Tone

I believe he is traveling on the road... I'm one of his suppliers now, and I believe he was waiting on me for an item that just arrived to him yesterday.

regards,
    Eric