Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question About H1 Adjustment Screws

Question About H1 Adjustment Screws

I'm looking for 4 upper (2 per headlight) adjustment screws for my H1s (please see my add in the classifieds, as I'm also looking for 1 H1 headlight ring).

My question is about the 2 upper screws:

1. Are they identical to the bottom ones, or are they shorter?
    2. It appears that one is for adjustment and one is to retain the headlight. Am I correct?
    3. Suggestions for sourcing them (aside from ad)? I'm not sure if they are a relatively common type thread with Phillips head.

Guidance appreciated.

John
    1971T
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The 4 screws are for adjustment, the only one that holds the ring is the middle botom one.

Not all 4 are identical, I believe only 2 are the same (or very similar in lenght), then there is a shorter one. All these 3 are easy to get.

The fourth one however is quite different (see pictures, sorry about quality), it has an extension that goes around the back of the light and attaches to the 4th adjustment point (the one next to the yellow sticker); and as far as I know it's unobtainium form any conventional source. If you find someone that has more than one, let me know, since I could certainly use one.

Good luck
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Henry

Thanks for the reply and pics. I guessed that the ring was held with the one on the bottom, and thought that the longer screws may also hold the backing piece into the bucket (good to know that they are only for adjustment).

It appears from your pics that I'm missing the following two:

1. Upper left: Weird, long one, as you described. I'm guessing that this one controls left to right adjustment?
    2. Upper right: shorter one that 2 lower ones.

When you say, "All these 3 are easy to get", do you have a source? Are they (#2 above) identical to the H4 screws? I see that Stoddard sells the screws.

Thanks,

J

Quote Originally Posted by John P

When you say, "All these 3 are easy to get", do you have a source? Are they (#2 above) identical to the H4 screws? I see that Stoddard sells the screws.

Thanks,

J
    I don't have a source, but I had to replace one of the short ones and I picked it off my tool box and had it chromed. I'm fairly sure I did 3 or 4 at that time, and I most probably still have them, let me check and I 'll be glad to mail you one
    Henry

Thanks Henry - I really appreciate you checking.

Anyone else have a source for the long (upper left) weird ones?

Cheers,

John

Quote Originally Posted by John P
    Thanks Henry - I really appreciate you checking.

Anyone else have a source for the long (upper left) weird ones?

Cheers,

John
    If you don't hear from me by Monday, please PM me, since it means I forgot
    Henry

John, I have 2 types of screws, a 100mm flat head screw that looks original, in good shape (could you meassure the ones on your picture please), and a 70mm phillips head screw that alos looks quite original, with the head badly damaged (this one was on my car and I replaced it). I also have 2 70mm phillips head that I had chromed. Would any of these work?
    I'm guessing what you need is a 70mm
    Henry

Thanks for checking, Henry - I'll measure when I get home and follow-up.

John

Henry,

I measured my two bottom H1 screws last night, and they measure approximately 120 mm from tip of the head to the end of the shaft. Looking at your photos, I suspect that you're right; I need the two (one for each headlight, upper right) 70 mm screws. I really appreciate you looking and your offer - please let me know the best way to arrange payment.

I wonder if your 100 mm screw may be the basis for the wierd one (lower left when viewed from the front) that attaches to the flex line for adjusting the headlight? I have no idea how I'm going to fabricate that set-up.

Thanks,

John

John, I'll be glad to send them to you, please email me your mailing address hdavis@avantel.net

I don't think the 100mm one is the basis for the curved one, I think that in my lights, the lower ones were of different length, 120 and 100mm.

Look for better pictures of the curved one in this forum, that might give you a better idea of what it is you need.
    Henry