Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carrera RS Flares Construction

Carrera RS Flares Construction

Hi All,

How were the flares on a genuine Carrera RS originally constructed? Are they to be welded on or are they actually part of the pressing from the factory?

TIA

Welded

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Is there a way to tell if you have factory flares on a 71T?The car arrived from Europe about 20 years ago with RS flares and had been raced there but thats all I know,Marty

The COA would tell you, which will cost about $100 from Porsche.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Quote Originally Posted by martin aide
    Is there a way to tell if you have factory flares on a 71T?The car arrived from Europe about 20 years ago with RS flares and had been raced there but thats all I know,Marty
    Are you positive they are RS? Aside from that I think it's very doubtful that a 71 could get RS flares at the factory per COA. Maybe added later in it's life by a shop or sent back to the factory for a little sumpin, sumpin. The RS prototype was a 72 body.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Damn Michael, how did I miss THAT detail. Damned flu...
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

the only reason I wondered was because they are rs,I don't see any welds,andthey 've been on so long,the car supposedly has 2.7 heads but is a 2.2 by engine # and has zenith carbs which doesnt make sense to me,just wondering what i've got,Marty

Quote Originally Posted by kenikh
    Damn Michael, how did I miss THAT detail. Damned flu...
    Nyquil huh? I've done some of the stupidest things all hopped up on that stuff myself.

Whiskey, honey, lemon and a touch of hot water.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Hello: Remember guys you could send cars back to the factory to have work done on the cars in the old days. There is a car here that went back to Porsche and had RS flares added and longer trailing arms and updated engine. It was a 67 S to start with and now a 2.4 S/RS long wheelbase. It also had the wheels updated and some other stuff. Kinda cool if you lived in Germany back then. I have also heard of RS's going back to Porsche to become RSR's. Thanks Eric

Registered User parced@telia.co's Avatar
    And there is a -74 RSR that was changed to -74 RS. Chassi # around 70.