Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible August RGruppe/S Gathering???

"CanAm"

Sounds like a great idea Paul.
    Thanks for stepping up to the plate like this, for East/MidWesterners.
    Will out on my list and hopefully will make it.
    Perfect excuse to visit finger lakes wineries on way up/down from NYC

Perfect name, CanAm, Curt.

Thanks,

Karl.
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

Sounds good, Paul.
    Bill G.

1968 911 Ossi Blue coupe...full restoration in process
    Done: Engine; transmission; suspension; gauges; wheels; rust repair & primer; brakes; paint
    In progress: electrical; the tedious, endless, horrible fastener sorting/plating
    EarlyS #718 | RGruppe #437

I'm thinking no matter how few or how many actually come, it's gonna be a blast. I'm working on a rally/tour plan for Sunday morning covering the Niagara Peninsula....rather scenic with good photo opp stops everywhere. Like this:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    Okay, constructing the official RGruppe/Early S barrel now. Should it be aluminum, fiberglass or carbon fiber? Do 911s float like Beetles? Who's first over??
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

Quote Originally Posted by JCR
    Okay, constructing the official RGruppe/Early S barrel now. Should it be aluminum, fiberglass or carbon fiber? Do 911s float like Beetles? Who's first over??
    Undyed fiberglass, of course. That would give that barrel a real retro feel.

Paul, this is a great idea. Not sure I'll be able to make it this year with so many great events, including Amelia Island, Sithot's Valley Rally, Treffen and Rennsport III. Take lots of pictures guys!
    Tom Morgan
    Charlotte, NC
    '18 Carrera T - R #368, S #692
    1973 Giulia Super 1.3

Hey Paul - a bunch of us Michigan R Gruppers were hanging out today and wondering about the status of this event. There definitely seems to be some interest. This date is going to sneak up on us quickly.

Howdy...guess you're right. Friday, August 3rd thru and including Monday, August 6th should do the trick. Perhaps making Saturday and Sunday days of touring the area? I can accomodate early arrivals overnite at the house or book local motel rooms for ya. Tell me what you'd like. I'm planning on installing a campfire pit too for night time fun. The pool will be heated to 92 degrees, the hot tub will be ready to roll and I'm installing a steam sauna as well on the pool deck. Lots of vineyards here and other scenic areas to terrorize. For sure some picture opps at Niagara Falls shall be in order. Maybe it's time to calculate how many might show so I can arrange for a possible dinner out somewhere like, oh, I don't know....an awesome restaurant overlooking Niagara Falls that serves some incredible steaks and seafood. LOL. If the ladies are coming it's time to plan for their amusement as well. They will have the run of the house for sure. I should have my new stainless supertraps installed too so my sound decibels will keep up with you fellas. If anyone needs any info or help I can be reached at: pschooley@telus.blackberry.net or call at 905 651 2995 anytime.
    Paul Schooley
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

A lot will depend on how many wives/SO's show up. If none, we can skip all the niceties and just drive the crap out of the cars and drink beer afterwards If they come, then we gotta make some elaborate plans .... It's all good, either way. I'll see if I can figure out how many will show from Mich.

I'm good with driving the crap outta the cars...now wondering if I can rent the local racetrack for a few hours that weekend????? I have no problem either way with the women.
    Paul Schooley
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

...bump...

Paul, what's the status?

In theory, this is less than a month away now. As Curt noted back at the end of April, the date is sneaking up on us quickly.
    Bill Leavitt
    Early 911S Registry #1083
    1969 S... when it left the factory