Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Targa Vs Coupe valuation in Europe

and i hear an e targa is faster to 100 than an s.
    bob m
    bob moglia
    '72 E sunroof coupe

Quote Originally Posted by robmog
    and i hear an e targa is faster to 100 than an s.
    bob m
    I'm pretty certain my 911E is quicker than an 911S, especially as i spent a "small fortune" upgrading the orginal 2.4E engine to full 2.7RS MFI Carrera spec's.

I'm sure there are many out there, that have done the "same".....?

--------------------------

Peter Kaufmann

'73 911E upgraded 2.7RS MFI

Excellence prices

In the May issue of Excellence,early cars are compared as to recent sales.We all know that these are not reflective of the off radar sales,but it does show a rather surprising trend.Targa prices in ALL categories show a higher price for targas than coupes.This doesn`t reflect subjective differences,just reported costs.It does give support to the opinions that Targas may ,in fact ,wind up being more costly to purchase in the future which appears to be now.Albeit academic information,it is interesting none the less. TFM
    Member:S Registry #864

Does Excellence price quotes reflect the situation in Europe as well ?
    maybe its a different market...except some 2.4S-models and generally soft-top's..however: ALL are great cars !
    Registry member No.773

Wink Just a nice one thank you!

Karim is right, they're all great cars. 911s in the best possible condition should fetch the highest possible prices regardless of type and engine size.

It's becoming so hard to find good cars that condition should be what matters most....

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

We agree

I agree with you both.I just thought it was an interesting local comparison.I am fortunate to have one of each and they are both great! Tom
    Member:S Registry #864

certainly a difference in the UK/US markets when it comes to some Porsche models. Look at the Boxster, about the highest residual value of any car in the UK. But in the US the Boxster has a terrible resale value. Porsche has to really fudge the numbers when they do a lease in the US. I have a 40k mile '03 in perfect shape and its probably not worth more than $20k on a good day and it was a $55k car.
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by tfmcmahon
    In the May issue of Excellence,early cars are compared as to recent sales.We all know that these are not reflective of the off radar sales,but it does show a rather surprising trend.Targa prices in ALL categories show a higher price for targas than coupes.This doesn`t reflect subjective differences,just reported costs.It does give support to the opinions that Targas may ,in fact ,wind up being more costly to purchase in the future which appears to be now.Albeit academic information,it is interesting none the less. TFM
    Take a Targa and put it next to an identical coupe. Targa is worth 30% less.

Let's not start the whole Excellence market value thing all over again. This board already established that there are flaws in there system. I will say that I have noticed more targas on the market latley. Maybe that will explain the rise in value.

There has always been a noticable bias on the Early S and Pelican boards toward Coupes. I myself used to be biased toward Coupes as well, but these days no longer, I like both equally for different reasons. I don't even own a Coupe right now and can't say I'm really missing one that much.

There is a Porsche world out there beyond "our world" on these boards and I don't think it's quite so biased toward Coupes.

The Early S coupes still hold the record for production car sale prices (excluding RS) but the Targas are coming on strong. I don't think they'll ever reach Carreral RS heights but they are closing the gap on T,E and S Coupes.
    Bobby
    71' Olive 2.2E Targa / Early S #491

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.

Air-cooled to the end
    Quote Originally Posted by boxster03
    Look at the Boxster, about the highest residual value of any car in the UK.
    Errr, no. An 03 facelift 2.7 Boxster: cost new £34,500, trade value now with 40K on the clock about half that. A stock Mini Cooper, similar age and miles is about 62 percent of cost new.

There are notable differences between parts of mainland Europe and the UK when it comes to Coupes versus anything else. In the UK, the Coupe is the one, no question, but as you head south into France and away from the rain, the gap from Coupe to Targa starts to narrow.