Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Targa Vs Coupe valuation in Europe

Now that porsche has brought back the targa (that looks like a real targa). What is the answer to this question today, again about 10 years later?

Targa vs Coupe Values --- in Europe . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gulforange View Post
    . . . What is the answer to this question today, again about 10 years later? . . .

Discounting Stevo's car --- @$1.25M (!) . . . + now in Europe . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ion%2C+mcqueen

. . . here's the highest value Coupe that I could find --- ~$620k pre-Brexit . . . see post #1209 . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...r-Sale/page121

Read several comments where Writers have commented on the rarity/desirability of 'open' cars in Europe. But this was also a two-year resto, +RHD --- + celebrity-owned, so . . . this may be a bit of an 'outlier,' as well

Anyone have any Targa sales to dish?

Attached Images Attached Images     

We Can Be Heroes

So which is worth more, if all things be equal (same color, same options, same condition), a 1967 911S coupe or a 1967 911S targa???

If Soft Window Targa, probably today more expensive than a Coupe.
    Otherwise, for same model year prices are equal..even demand currently low in this market.
    Registry member No.773

Seems to me the perfect blend of Coupe versus Targa is to own a sunroof coupe. As for value, there's no question that sunroof coupes command a premium, notwithstanding all the inane used 911 ads that read "sunroof delete".

Brent
    '70 911S
    '68 TR250

Fun to go back through this thread. Having owned two 73 S targa's since I posted in 2007 I have to admit to having a love/hate relationship with targa's. I love them with roof off and hate em with roof on.
    Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

Softy Targa's are great looking cars--better looking than a cabrio in a 911. but to see one rushing down the road with the targa top bulging up from the wind bugs me. Did the factory ever fix this problem? Chris
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

It's always been about originality and condition, and it still is. With prices of the early 911/912 having skyrocketed since this thread began back in 2007, anyone who now owns a coupe or targa should be just be happy to have one in their garage at this point. But buying an early 911 car based upon whether or not the rest of the market finds it desirable, is like asking all of your friends if you should marry the girl you're dating. Unless they've dated her and have the same taste in women as you, they don't have a clue what she's worth or whether she's a keeper. Make your own decision...

That's a given that it's your final decision on which to own. The pulse of this thread is to see if the targa which for years has been perceived to be discounted to the coupe, and why is that and has that gap narrowed or widen or, god forbid to all coupe owners FLIPPED with targa maybe being more valuable than coupes. In others words in Europe or the US has the climate change or is it still the same???

member #1515
    Quote Originally Posted by pu911rsr View Post
    Fun to go back through this thread. Having owned two 73 S targa's since I posted in 2007 I have to admit to having a love/hate relationship with targa's. I love them with roof off and hate em with roof on.
    Phil
    Just leave the roof off Phil!
    I've had both coupes and Targas and love both, although driving with the roof off in the rain, (at speed), and going into a tunnel with roof off is a special delight. Open race cars were always my favorites too, maybe I'm claustrophobic.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs