Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Whats your story?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
    Nice story Michael....
    Thank you sir. There are a lot of very good reads here. [thumbsup]

Growing up in NJ in the 70s & 80s my Dad and Grandfather were both huge car nuts - but with very different interests. My Dad was interested in Ford Model A's, T's and similar vintage cars and restored a few of the same. My Grandfather on the other hand was a huge Porsche nut and was constantly buying and selling P-cars it seemed. Guess which ones this young boy was more interested in at the time! Actually, I got great pleasure working with my Dad restoring and working on all of those old cars and he's taught me just about everything i know mechanically and he continues to do so to this day. But when it came to the cars, Grampa won! Some of my earliest memories are driving down to the NJ shore in his 57 speedster which I'm fortunate enough to still have today. Over the years as a kid countless 356's, 912's and 911's came and went and so I defintely caught the bug at a very early age. In my 20's I played around with American muscle cars and rebuilt a few small block Chevies but I always dreamed of the day when I was able to purchase my very first Porsche of my own. It was hard at times, being broke and watching the value of speedsters climb through the 80s-90s (to say nothing of today!), but I never thought of selling that little speedster for a minute, and I still don't. Finally, in 1999 I purchased my first 911, an gran prix white '86 3.2 coupe. That was my daily driver 12 mos of the year for a few years. Since then I have not been Porsche-less and seem to be adding more than I'm selling these days! In fact, I just tracked down one of my grandfathers cars (a silver 72 T) that he had bought new, and it turns out it lived not far from me for years! Just sold last year but sadly I wasnt aware of it then...hoping to acquire that one some day. Love to read the great stories from everyone and happy to be part of the community.

-Paul
    MBR#3109
    1957 Speedster
    1965 356SC Cpe
    2010 Cayman S
    2013 C4S

i always preferred european sports cars to USA muscle cars not sure why as i was a small town midwestern kid. i bought my first 911 in 1979, a 72S coupe, it was the fastest, quickest car i'd ever driven. i was lucky to live through it, if it didn't handle so well i'm sure i wouldn't have....
    i've owned many 911's since then, T's, E's and S's. never has one i didn't enjoy, i love the mark!

Time for a bümp . . .

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by LongRanger; 03-23-2019 at 07:21 AM.

We Can Be Heroes