Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Owner

Billie, Kaleid...plan on hitting the party up here in August. It'll make for a great road trip.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Upstate NY

I am in Albany NY. The two main hubs for old car stuff I focus on revolve around both Lime Rock and with the Saratoga Auto Musuem.

Last year year I covered nearly 1000 miles on my 72 911T coupe and another 1000 or so miles in my MGA. It's a great area to be in with alot of nice driving roads and diversified car events.

Cheers
    Peter

www.sportscarsbypeterperry.photosite.com
    email: pperry444@juno.com

Bring on the Twentysomethings

I'm 26 ... and I smell like it.

Welcome to the forum. It's good to see the younger guys coming out of the woodwork. Can't wait to see pics of your car.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

additionally I am taking out the MB Quart radio that was installed by the previoius owner and replacing it with a sic McIntosh cd unit that I have, that also has a great vintage look to it.

what do you think.

With that exhaust on an S you don't need no stinkin' radio!
    Cheers,

Steve

Early 911S Registry #791
    R Gruppe #404

69 911T Ivory White 2.9 "RGruppe'd" (SOLD)
    72 911T Silver RS Replica SOLD
    73 911S Silver 2.7 "Flares and Chairs" SOLD

Nice looker you got there!
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

Nice Essss.

Dude, where did you find that sweet lookin' car? Condition report and search story please.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Nice 2.2 S.
    I am one of those who say that Porsches should look as close as possible to what they were when they left Stuttgart, so forgive me for saying that this one would need some action to bring it back to original appearance. Nothing too terrible: engine grill, door panels, shifter, carpets, front bumper, exhaust, pedal rubbers.
    As for the radio, I would go for a period Blaupunkt or Becker.
    Just my 0.22S...

creator8,
    You are absolutely right about the exhaust. But I have this beatitful McIntosh unit laying around, and I think it will look great with its analog features

t6dpilot,
    Was looking for months all over the east coast and finally found this one 5 miles from my house in the next town over.

giaz,
    I have a great respect for period correctness, but this car is never leaving my stewardship, and certain things don't bother as they do others. I think all cars should have there own character, things that make them unique and special to the owner. I actually have the original bumper, but enjoy this one. Wevo shifter and Dansk muffler were installed by previous owner

I would however like to redo the carpet, find some sport seats (GTS nurburgrings or monte carlos), and install a Prototipo steering wheel, all when finances permit.

Cheers,
    Billie