Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SD to OC to LA to SLO...Thursday caravan

SD to OC to LA to SLO...Thursday caravan

Eade, Jens, and Doug, are leading a SD caravan Thursday morning. Leaving Encinitas at 5 a.m. Traveling 5 north to the 73 north

They will be meeting me, Thorsten, Kent Moore, Don Murray at 5:45 at the intersection of MacArthur Blvd. and Bison. There is a commercial center there, in front of Panera Bread. There is a Chevron across the street for them to top off at.

Several others may join us, or keep going on the 405 north...Some of us have carpool partners, some do not. We MUST be leaving at 6...pass the LAX, Sepulveda Pass congestion of rush hour. If you are late, catch up to us..

Whoever wants to join us, meet us there, or time it accordingly to merge with us on the fwy.

From there, we will meet Tony, Marco, Stacy, et. al at the Bowling Alley..See the LA to SLO thread.

The real caravan begins from there...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

Have a great drive Ray!

See you guys in SLO Thursday night - the PacWest Chapter will be arriving with about 15 cars then.
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

the OTHER caravan..Dave B.'s

THANKS Randy, We hope to arrive mid-late afternoon??? Be safe driving.

I also want to remind So. Cal drivers about Dave B's caravan...He WILL have the best roads, most scenic route. Some of the roads will be the ones we drove on the Iron Bottom Rallye. They really are thatspectacular.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255

From responses so far to our "tour":
    Scott S and Tim from Fla., Rocky from San Diego, Rob D, Paul Z, Steve L from Holly-would, Dick L , Peter H, Tom C from the west valley, and myself
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2
    70 911 "Speedster" project
    "74 IROC" tribute Jade Green RSR

Woodlake Bowl then go North

Just a few days left, still a little confusion...More fine tuning...

If you want to join the SD/OC caravan to the Valley, be at the intersection of MacArthur and Bison, Newport Beach. Be there between 5:30-5:45. The shopping center, in front of the north bound 73 onramp. Panera Bread is the store we will be meeting the SD Caravan.

Meet us there, or Woodlake Bowl.

The REAL meeting place is Woodlake Bowl. For you Mapquesters: the address is 23130 Ventura Bl. Zip is 91364
    Take 101 North, exit Woodlake offramp. Turn right, go 100' turn right again into the parking lot.

Arrival times vary, 7 a.m.-8 a.m. Depends where you live, traffic, etc.
    Departure time will be 8-9??? Depends what time everyone gets there...

Remember: Check in time at the Embassy is 3 p.m. (pretty sure) A long time to go a short distance.

The route at this time looks to be 101 to the 154..We have time to actually stop in the towns of Los Olivos, Solvang, Ojai, etc. Leisure drive up, enjoy the views.

Lunch will be at the pier of Avila Beach. Which is ONLY 12 miles south of SLO.
    We can eat at 1-2-3 o'clock???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    Midwesterner needs a passenger seat!

I'm flying into OC, was going to ride up with Tom (TKO) but it looks like he's not able to make the trip. I can get to the OC meeting point on Thurs am, does anyone have an empty passenger seat I can sit my arse in to SLO??
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

Quote Originally Posted by RC70SCoupe

Arrival times vary, 7 a.m.-8 a.m. Depends where you live, traffic, etc.

Departure time will be 8-9??? Depends what time everyone gets there...

Remember: Check in time at the Embassy is 3 p.m. (pretty sure) A long time to go a short distance.

The route at this time looks to be 101 to the 154..We have time to actually stop in the towns of Los Olivos, Solvang, Ojai, etc. Leisure drive up, enjoy the views.

Lunch will be at the pier of Avila Beach. Which is ONLY 12 miles south of SLO.
    Along the way:

GREAT Hamburgers at 'The Spot', in Carpinteria
    GREAT coffee at: Santa Barbara Coffee Roasters
    THE BEST Ice Cream at 'Mcconnell's' (Santa Barbara and Solvang.)
    Great Drive: The 154, UNLESS you get stuck behind some schmuck who won't turn out.
    Cool shops and eating in Los Olivos & Solvang.

Check in time IS 3:00pm, called today to confirm.
    SEE everybody on Thursday!
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

you did not get the word?

Quote Originally Posted by JCR
    Midwesterner needs a passenger seat!
    I'm flying into OC, was going to ride up with Tom (TKO) but it looks like he's not able to make the trip. I can get to the OC meeting point on Thurs am, does anyone have an empty passenger seat I can sit my arse in to SLO??
    Jared,
    Tom sent me an email about your situation. He is going to bring you to Newport at 5:30. You can ride shotgun in the silver '73 S sunroof coupe of Kent Moore. Along the way ride up with me also.

What are your plans to get back? You flying out of SLO? Come back with Kent?

I am leaving SLO EARLY. Have to drive from SLO to San Clemente, back to Newport, then taking Thorsten and Doris to LAX by 2.

See you Thursday

Another member is flying in from Portland to Santa Barbara on Thursday afternoon. Flying out of SB on Sunday.
    Anyone driving through SB Thursday night, bring him up to SLO?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255

Quote Originally Posted by TRE Cup
    From responses so far to our "tour":
    Scott S and Tim from Fla., Rocky from San Diego, Rob D, Paul Z, Steve L from Holly-would, Dick L , Peter H, Tom C from the west valley, and myself
    I think Jim Garfield and I will be taking your route too Dave, but a few hours later. We won't get out of LAX with the rental car until 12:30 or 1:00.
    Tom Morgan
    Charlotte, NC
    '18 Carrera T - R #368, S #692
    1973 Giulia Super 1.3

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RC70SCoupe
    What are your plans to get back?
    Thanks Ray and Kent!! Gee - a silver 73 sunroof S... I'll feel right at home!

I'll be heading north from SLO, hoping to hitch a ride to see some relatives in Morgan Hill, which is just south of San Jose, off the 101. Hopefully I can hook up with with someone heading to SF on Sunday the 6th.

I'm scheduled to fly out of San Jose on the 8th, but I just got word that one of the last legendary instructors at Art Center, Joe Farrer has died. The memorial service is on May 12th, so I may head down to Pasadena on the 10th if I can.
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391