Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Streets of Willow April 17...CONFIRMED

Man, that was FUN!!
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Thumbs up great day !!!

Wow, Chuck....Chris....you ain't kiddin.... Had a great day !!! Spent the morning instructing a cool buddy of Rays in his 996..which I feel turned out a very happy and more confident driver. Very rewarding

We had two run groups....the experienced (fast) and the not as fast and/or new drivers. We ran CW until noon then CCW the rest of the day.... wow!! too much fun !!!

A huge shout out and THANKS go to Ray for putting the whole thing together and Tony G for pre-gridding as well as Lunch .(..you too Marco )

My only regret is not coaxing the mini's into riding with me for a session....

oh...and Marco.....don't lose that biz card !!!!
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Thanks Ray and everyone else who helped put this on. I had a blast and it was the perfect environment to get back in the car and driving again. What a fun day. My but and sides are so sore this morning from all the track time we got.

Can't wait 'till we do it again!

Paul
    Rgruppe

1966 BMW 1600 (one of first in U.S.)
    1967 VW Beetle Sedan (Honeymoon car)
    1984 Porsche 928S (Hindenburg)
    1986/1973 Backdated 911 Coupe (R Gruppe/La Tortuga)
    1987 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo
    1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S
    1999 BMW M Coupe (Race soon to be Rally)
    2003 Jaguar S-Type R Supercharged (family hauler/rain car)
    2004 Porsche 996 GT3
    2005 Chevy Express 16-passenger van (for hauling everything else)

http://www.autokennel.com

thanks

Hey guys, thanks for letting me run the track with you all. I had a great time! I got some pics of the second session that I'd like to share:

http://www.stephenchiang.com/SOWAPRIL2007/index.htm

Hope to see you all again.

Stephen
    (Black Mazda3 #660)

Perfect Event

What a day it was! I had a drunk driver pull in front of my truck and trailer when I was doing 50mph on a 2 lane state highway on Monday early evening. I tried to avoid them, they kept coming across infront of me, and BANG, they hit me in the left front fender of my truck. It knocked the front wheel off of my 4 wheel drive 3/4 truck, along with the brake lines, I was so far over on the road trying to avoid these IDIOTS, that I was in the gravel, and it took 600 feet for my 7 tons of truck and trailer, (I am 53 feet overall length) to stop by digging into the gravel. My truck could be totaled, but the trailer only has about $3,000 damage to it. People who saw it happen said it looked like a Bomb went off in the mini van, things went 50 feet up in the air, it was completely totaled. One of the people in the Mini van ran off, the other was so drunk, they could only stand there and yell at people. The State Patrol was great, and the RSR was okay. When I told them I would drive it, after they towed my truck and trailer they said great, but are those tires DOT. I said kind of , but the exhaust is a tad bit loud When I started the car up in the trailer, they both looked at one another and smiled I drove the car to Lancaster, met up with Mike, Johnny, Lars, Paul, and many others in the Pub of the motel. They had a stiff drink waiting for me, and in about 1 hour, life was good again, thanks guys! Tuesday morning was great weather, even if it was a bit WINDY. Ray did a GREAT job of setting this event up Thanks to Tony and Marco for a great lunch. Thanks to John Dilger for doing the drivers meetings. Mike and Johnny set the pace for the day, FAST!!!!!! They had people with them most of the day, showing them the best route over the track, thanks sooooo much to them for all their help and support of this event. I kept trying to follow their lines, but I think I was having troubles getting my parking brake to release I just could not seem to catch up with them Chuck, Chris, Paul, Lars, Will, Marco, we all had fun all day chasing each one of us around the track. I drove the RSR all of the 160 miles back home, after running for over 2 hours of track time. Cars on the interstate thought I was a little loud, but I mostly got thumbs up from most of the drivers. All in all, this was one event you should not miss the next time it comes up. As mastercard always says, "It was Priceless"
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

Truck and Trailer

This is my rig that the mini van hit.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

Quote Originally Posted by Eade Hopkinson
    They had a stiff drink waiting for me, and in about 1 hour, life was good again!
    Whoa! What a nightmare that must have been, Eade, but thank God you were not injured. Did they catch the guy who ran off? I hope the drunk driver had insurance and can be held responsible for the damages, and spends some time in a lockup as well.

It's amazing that you were able to continue and have a great day at the track, still.

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Thanks again Ray for putting this together. I had alot of fun and my little 71T ran pretty good. Lots of track time with very good drivers who were letting us slower guys play along with them. Running the track in both directions was alot fun and a good learning experience. Next time though I will bring some cones so we all are running the same track

I was able to follow up Tuesday with ACRA at the Big Track on Wednesday. It was a light turnout, 14 in yellow, 11 in blue (my run group) & only 8 in red! Needless to say I got another 2-1/2 + of track time!

I would also like to thank everyone else who showed up and made it a great day. TLG for lunch, John D. for his guidence, all the regulars who made me feel welcome and the first timers who jumped in with both feet. Oh and to Ingo who is in Germany and let me take a transmission mounting bolt of his 74 since I lost mine at Laguna. Now just to get it back in before he gets home and realizes I borrowed it.

I have video that I need to edit from the day and I will try and post by this weekend.

Again thanks to all for a GREAT day and count me in for the next one!
    Dan Byers
    71T targa - "Stay Puff"
    EarlyS Member #608

Woo hoo!

Hey thanks to everybody for being so welcoming to the MINI Skirts! We all had a great time, learning to drive our cars better and faster. Honestly, you were all so nice I want to thank you, thank you, thank you!
    And if any of you didn't get Patti to go for a ride with you, I don't know how that could have happened, she would ride with anyone. Even Lars.

Gburner
    Ray thank you for making it happen!!!
    Tony and Marco a very genereous gesture catering lunch, thank you.
    Thanks to John Dilinger for his expert help with all the first time track drivers, R Gruppe's perfect track safety record is intact!
    Also Tony your help sending cars on track from the hot pit helped make for an incident free day.
    Eade you made lemonade Tuesday from Monday's lemons.
    Big credit to you for joining us, would not have been the same with out you.

Chuck and Chris... on the track if you saw one of them the other was within 20 feet, like a a tow strap connected them, ALL DAY.

Hey guys had a blast.
    Sorry I missed the after event dinner but the Monday Essex party rocked too.
    Let's have some wine and talk it up at SLO.

Pretty gals at the track always a treat.

Here's a photo Stephen grabbed of a couple R Gruppe adreniline junkies!
    Here's to MORE OF THE SAME!