Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Streets of Willow April 17...CONFIRMED

Mike, I hear you on the dive bombing and I will do my best to keep at least 3 of the tires on the track at all times.
    Here is a map of SOW for those who have not seen one.

And here is a link to YouTube with lots of SOW footage.
    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search
    The video that is labeled as a training video is pretty good.
    Dan Byers
    71T targa - "Stay Puff"
    EarlyS Member #608

Gburner
    Dan the "Streets of willow springs instructional video" was very helpful.
    I have not experianced the blowpass but I like that it bypasses the tight kink.
    Thanks for the link.

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    I've never run it without turn 4. But if you can thread those two kinks together and not have to let off (like running the chicane uphill CCW), it would be VERY fast without that uphill section. Makes for a very interesting braking zone for that bend above the carousel. (And another half dozen cones... )
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

Sandy, Most groups run with T-4 complete. Speed Ventures I think is the only ones who run it like its shown. I have only run it with POC and they used T-4. Since its Ray's track day we can use turn 4 or the Blowpass. I would think keeping T-4 would keep the speeds down for most thru T-3.

Mike, I have been downloading videos for awhile in hopes that I will be able to gain some knowledge from them. I try to watch video from whatever track I may be going to along with a print out of the track map for cross reference. I am taking a trip to Laguna Seca the week before this track day so I have been downloading and watching as much video as possible of LS since I have never run there. Looking forward to 4 track days in 4 weeks.

See you at the track!
    Dan Byers
    71T targa - "Stay Puff"
    EarlyS Member #608

Gburner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Byers
    I am taking a trip to Laguna Seca the week before this track day so I have been downloading and watching as much video as possible of LS since I have never run there. Looking forward to 4 track days in 4 weeks.
    Dan thanks for the info on the blowpass.
    Have you read Hank Watts track notes for LS?
    They were a big help for me at LS and Buttonwillow.
    http://www.pca-ggr.org/show.cgi?id=ttvenues

Sandy so last weekend did PCA run the blowpass?

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    No. We ran turn 4 just like the POC events.

Dan -- I know this is going to sound insane but the Gran Turismo Playstation 2 game features Laguna Seca. TOP GEAR had one of their guys play the game "driving" an NSX at LS. Then he drove a real NSX at the real track. He was amazed at how close GT was. Of course NOTHING will truly prepare you for the corkscrew. Be safe.
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

Gburner
    Hey Ray, finally found out today I did get the day off.
    PM where to send my entry and the amount.
    Thanks for putting this together!

Mike, good to see you will be there. Thanks for the link to Hank Watts' write up. That is a big help. Its even better with the pictures of what could be my 911!
    See you all on the 17th.
    Dan Byers
    71T targa - "Stay Puff"
    EarlyS Member #608

accomodations?

Hey, is anyone spending the night up there, either the night before or night of?

Gburner
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoriabb
    Hey, is anyone spending the night up there, either the night before or night of?
    Yeah that's a great idea, night before the event coordinate a host hotel and place to meet for dinner.
    Sometimes after an event we'll meet at a very nice Mexican place 2 miles from the track, might be fun.
    Untill I can find a way out I'm scheduled to work in San Diego Monday eve till 11pm , so I'll catch up at the track.