Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this an ST?

Is this an ST?

I am in discussion with a gentleman in the Canary Islands who wants me to restore his car. He has known the car for 25 years. It has steel arches, correctly butt welded, and a plastic fuel tank and a sunroof!. The motor is currently a later 2.7 CIS but he has the original 2.4 motor, which has some case damage. What do you reckon? It looks like I need to fly over and take a look.

Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

I'm sure this car came up before on Pelican and I believe that a vin # was posted before the thread went into Spanish and I could no longer follow it

I'll look for the link when I get home.

AM

Sure looks like it might be......maybe a customer car or built back in the day with real parts?
    Aaron Hatz
    Flat Six, inc.
    www.flat6.com

Follow us on Facebook
    www.facebook.com/flatsixinc

Thanks for the pointer Andrew, I found the thread from a couple of years ago. Fascinating stuff!
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

Sometimes, I amaze even myself with the useless knowledge I retain!

AM

Not that many ST clues on this car other than nice fenders but there was that green factory ST delivered with a sunroof. I don't this one started as a light weight either.

However, it will be a neat car to restore and enjoy.
    Last edited by Flunder; 02-01-2014 at 01:15 PM.
    Early 911S Registry
    Looking for engine 960 168
    Looking for gear box 103 165

Quote Originally Posted by Flunder
    No factory ST was delivered with a sunroof. Unless it is an aftermarket installation of the roof, you can rest assued it is not an ST.

However, it will be a neat car to restore and enjoy.
    By "factory" you mean works S/T......?
    Aaron Hatz
    Flat Six, inc.
    www.flat6.com

Follow us on Facebook

This has been discussed on Pelican - the question is, are they factory flares - they do look quite wide.

S/T flares varied quite a bit.....
    Aaron Hatz
    Flat Six, inc.
    www.flat6.com

Follow us on Facebook