Guys,

I had a fun weekend. I am a charter member of the 912Registry and I plan the route for the annual St Patrick's Day run each year. In preparation for the event, I finished up my brake and suspension upgrade on my 67 912. Now, this was no minor upgrade. I am running Elephant racing bits everywhere (Poly bronze bushings, weather sealed monoballs, etc). Brakes were upgraded from non-vented to vented rotors with 911SC calipers up front and 67 911 S Calipers in the rear. My car also has a 2.0 type 4 from a 914 installed with a matching gear set in the transmission. I had a full 4 wheel alignment done with a corner-balance to top it off.

One of my buddys who happens to be the GM of Cardiff Classics in Encinitas needed a car to drive as his were all in various states of resto. This guys sells top end Ferraris, Porsches, and other exotics so I figured he could handle my 912. This gave me the opportunity to drive my 94 968 Cabbie (6-speed) on the run and compare it against my 912.

My other buddy has a 65 427 Cobra replica. While he didn't get to go on the full run, we did meet up for a private run afterwards with just the 3 (968, 912, and the Cobra).

While the 968 is a fantastic handling car, it would appear that I have done a great job on the 912. Here is a link to the stories on the 912BBS: 912BBS St Patty's day run Be sure to check the pics.

I'm TonyBray on that board, Mark Allen was driving my 912 and JoeA was the Cobra driver. It's interesting to read each of their comments on how the 3 cars compared.

Now, I did slide around a bit in the 968. I'm running Toyo Proxies on it with full stock suspension. The 912 is running Falken Azenis Sports, basically a street legal racing tire. The Cobra is running 275's up front and 300+ on the rear. I don't remember what brand of tires they were.

I know none of the cars were early 911S's but you guys helped me as I was doing the suspension and brakes so I thought I would share with you how it turned out. Mark Allen happens to be a early 911S member as well.

--Tony