Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: “The [356 Registry] Travel Assistance Network”

“The [356 Registry] Travel Assistance Network”

While I was on vacation this past week I had the opportunity to peruse one of my friend’s 356 Registry magazine. Past the great articles, trips and so forth I found a page towards the rear of the magazine that was tailored to a club service database called “The Travel Assistance Network”. It is a compiled database that is published in a small glove box sized booklet and is handed out only to members that join the database.

The major fields that I can remember were: Name, Phone, Area(region), Latest time to call for assistance. This really seemed to ring a bell with a lot of the threads that I have seen in the past few months concerning lengthy travel. There is a contact on the 356 Registry site specifically for this database. Any interest; Members helping members….just a thought.
    -Andrew
    '72 911E
    '82 931, '92 968, '93 968
    S Reg #1074

Lightbulb

Good idea ,The BMW Motorcycle Owners of America have a publication called Anonymous.
    Ron

1973.5 911T
    1974 BMW R90/6
    1986 Carrera, Plan "B"
    1987 BMW K100RS Motorsport
    2004 BMW X3 6 speed manual transmisson

Unincorporated Arapahoe County, Colorado, USA
    The BMW Club has a similar directory.

Best,
    Grady

Wow that's nice! I'm up for that. I might not be able to fix every mechanical issue but can certainly offer a garage and tools and a contact for the local import wrench.
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

356 TAN member

Hello all. I'm a founding father of the Early S registry, member #2. Currently have 9113300310. I'm also along time 356 owner and member of the TAN. I live in Jackson, WY. and can offer travel assistance to any early porsche driver touring Grand Teton and Yellowstone parks. I have a barn, tools and a bed in the hayloft. Don't be afraid to venture out and visit the Wyoming boondocks to experince some of the best S driving and mountain scenery on the planet. Long distance travel in early cars is the best and if the TAN makes it a little less daunting, it's even better. If we start an Early S TAN I'm in.

we should have a toll free hot line number that can be called 24/7 where someone would offer advice and be able to send out loaner parts via overnight mail so we are never more than a day away from rescue
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by boxster03
    we should have a toll free hot line number that can be called 24/7 where someone would offer advice and be able to send out loaner parts via overnight mail so we are never more than a day away from rescue
    We have one............it's called AAA Plus

Great idea, by the way. A list on the site or yearly insert in the Early Esses that could be put in the glovebox for long trips would be great.

It would be my pleasure to help anyone coming to the Gettysburg area.

Oh, and that would include just meeting you for a beer to look over your trusty steed
    Henry Garazo
    '68 Polo Red 911L Barn Find
    '70T 2.7 Coupe
    '58 1600S T2-A Speedster
    '87 Triple Black Carrera Coupe
    "Form Follows Function"
    Early 911S Registry #962
    Potomac Region PCA

If there is enough interest; maybe we can insert a ˝ page in the Esses asking for contacts in the database. I think this would serve more as a resource/contact for traveling members if need be. I have a small list of resources within my town that I use; but I would just list myself as a contact and then if need be provide additional information when contacted (just as berettafan said). Personally, I would be glad to help other members [or even enthusiasts] in order to help them proceed on with their vacation/travel. Maybe we should call ourselves the Coil Assistance Network; “I’ll let you borrow it for the trip but please ship it back to me… ”.

I would not mind compiling this database/ network for S members. I do not know how we should start such a network. Should I write a letter to one of the board members or just wait for more responses? It seems that we have a membership database administrator. Any other [executive] input?
    -Andrew
    '72 911E
    S Reg #1074

It seems that we have a membership database administrator.

Good luck with that
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by boxster03
    It seems that we have a membership database administrator.

Good luck with that

I don't get it? In the contacts section on the main page there is listed "database administrator" did I interperate that wrong?
    -Andrew
    '72 911E
    S Reg #1074