Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Targa Ski Rack

Targa Ski Rack

Looks like it clamps to the A-pillar rain gutter, not sure how it mounts to the Targa bar (permanent?).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

if you peel back the rubber, you will find 2 plastic plugs. remove the plugs, and you will find threaded holes for the ski rack. There was another type rack made that bolted in to the targa bar in these holes, and clamped on the engine cover. I have one of those around here somewhere if anyone is interested in looking at it, I still have the lock for the skis...
    Bill Woods
    S Registry #1005

Ski Rack

Bill,

Sent you PM. Thanks.
    J-P
    S Registry #949

Thanks Bill - I always wondered what those plugs were for. I think I need one of these racks for the trip to Rennsport. I've got a nice selection of 70's vintage race skis that would look perfect! I'll probably regret posting this photo, but it should be good for a laugh or 2 ... this is my brother and I around 1972/73? I've still got both pairs of skis! The XR1's are hollow and were the coolest things around that year.

Here are a few shots of a 73S Targa that lives in Sydney with its racks on.
    Always a big crowd pleaser at our local Club Concourse.

cheers

Curt,
    Looks like Marker bindings on those boards.

Yeah I'm with you, I never knew what those holes were for. Now if I can find a Targa bike rack......
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

I think I've got a new (or as new) Targa ski rack like that somewhere (but no longer own a Targa)...
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Quote Originally Posted by fryardds
    Curt,
    Looks like Marker bindings on those boards.
    Marker Rotomats on the right, and Look-Nevada on the left?? Man am I showing my age... I used Soloman 505's...still have them on a pair of Lange Freestyles, and a set of Olin Mark IV's....

Gary Emory had a few sets of those targa ski racks till Schmidt and Cabell cleaned him out a few years ago. I found an NOS coupe version still in the box (and still is..).

Maybe we need to do an Early S or RGruppe meet in the Mountains someplace?? I know the 356 group does them in Yosemite.

e

Quote Originally Posted by andyjboy
    I think I've got a new (or as new) Targa ski rack like that somewhere (but no longer own a Targa)...
    Perfect, I have a Targa and no rack. Want to sell your rack Andy?
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik
    Marker Rotomats on the right, and Look-Nevada on the left?? Man am I showing my age... I used Soloman 505's...still have them on a pair of Lange Freestyles, and a set of Olin Mark IV's....

e
    Oh yeah, those are Look bindings, 'duh!' on my part.

I have sold off all my old ski stuff along the way but my parents still have several sets of old skis around like K2, Rossingnol and Head. I was skiing in Northern Michigan with my girls back in Feb. and happen to walk by a pair of orange Olin Mark IV's leaned up against the rack. Stopped me dead in tracks, I had not seen those in many years.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299