Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Recognize This Muffler?

Anybody Recognize This Muffler?

I ran across this at a local sho and was thinking of putting it on my car. It appears to be stainless that is jet coated. It does not have a "patched" outlet where the tailpipe would normally be. It has a stamped number on the body of: 911.11102500DUAL11.

I'd like to know the manufacturer if anyone knows. Thanks.

Attachment 30990
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

My guess is someone welded a set of cookie cutters from a set of megaphones into a sport muffler.
    Phil

I'd concur with Phil: it looks like a non-factory sport muffler that someone installed 2.5" outlet pipes with cookie cutters.

The patch is not where the outlet pipes are located. Its likely a repair of some kind.
    Steve Weiner
    Rennsport Systems
    Portland Oregon
    E-mail: porsche@rennsportsystems.com
    http://www.rennsportsystems.com

Anyone recognize this muffler?

Not to contradict anyone but it's also pretty beastly looking.. factory or not!
    Have seen a few RSR style and 914-6 sport mufflers in europe that vaguely
    resemble the size shape and makeup, even the megphone stars!
    Should you decide against using it personally let me know thanks Bert
    ecrobinson1726@msn.com

I'm pretty sure it is going to wind up on my car as my current muffler needs to be replaced. I will have trim the fiberglass panel for clearance of the pipes, but that should be no big deal. I'm curious as to how loud it will be. I'll post pictures once it is on.
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

<----- standing 2nd in line to remove that muffler from your grasp my good man. I think it looks pretty freaking cool. If anyone has any sorta decent thing that looks like that and wishes to sell it, let me know. The sound should be glorious.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

It is already in protective custody in my garage and will be on my car by the end of the week! I have a track day coming up on May 5 and I can't wait to hear it!
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

Quote Originally Posted by ennisk1
    It is already in protective custody in my garage and will be on my car by the end of the week! I have a track day coming up on May 5 and I can't wait to hear it!
    Bring earplugs.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

that is a...

Dansk sport dual outlet muffler that has been modified with larger dia. outlets with velocity augmentation.

My old unit was PN 911.11102 500 DUAL 31 .03 I purchased it from Pelican back in 2002. Jet hot Coated gray then later sold to a So Cal member.

Nice muffler. As Marco stated: "Bring ear plugs"

Shawn.

Reference: http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ighlight=shawn
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399

Shawn,

Thanks for the info. My current set up is also fairly loud when you romp on the car....which is actually something that I like. Looking forward to getting it all together. Thanks again for the help.
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny