Thread: Shipping to Europe

Shipping to Europe

Anyone have experience shipping a car to Europe/Britain from Canada or east coast USA? What's involved? What's it cost? I'm guessing it's stinkin' expensive and complicated. Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    A.T.
    Early 911S Registry Member #500

I have just brought a 911 back from DC to England, these are the quotes I got from my shipper: Kingstown Shipping Ltd

RORO... Providing the car is a good runner and nothing loaded in it...

Ex; Baltimore into Southampton....Base on... £875.00 Excluding UK customs taxes and insurance...

If a non runner, then it would have to go up to Linden New Jersey..

Here it would be co-loaded in a 40` container from our NY packer...

All in price for this would be; £1000.00 Warehouse to warehouse, unloaded and customs cleared here...

Importation is easy, but you will need to pay duty plus the sales tax in whatever country you import it to (£50 duty fror personal imports plus 17.5% VAT in UK)
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

AT...keep me informed on this. I'm looking at sending a car to a board member in UK. I was thinking there must be a loading point in Toronto....no????? Maybe Hamilton???? I'll be following this with interest. Maybe we can share a container? Call me 905 651 2995.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Paul,
    Just yesterday I picked up my '73 RS replica that I bought from Jim Schrager in Indiana. The car was picked up at his place, and shipped to Rotterdam in the Netherlands by Schumacher Cargo Lines (562-408-6677). The cost of this was US$ 900 for the trucking from Indiana to the port of New York, plus US$ 800,- for the shipping from NYC to Rotterdam. I think that rate was quite reasonable. I have used them before and have good experience with Schumacher. Good luck,
    Arjen
    early s registry #661
    r-gruppe # 604

shipping

Hi All,
    I have send a few car's to Europe and my advice as well for the UK is to ship via Rotterdam, they have the lowest tax levels and it's easy to deal with the dutch.Ounce you brought the car into the European Union it's all the same....regards Stefan
    regards Stefan GTSclassics
    702 353 7175
    ClassicCarSeats.com

Stefan,
    Good to hear that the dutch are easy to deal with! :-)
    I had to pay EUR 400,- for unloading/handling/custom clearing, plus 6% VAT on the cost of the car (whatever you declare it to be....). No import duties on cars older than 30 years.
    Arjen
    early s registry #661
    r-gruppe # 604

Hey Guys

Thanks. Maybe I'm nuts, but for a while now my girlfriend and I have been fantasizing about an extended holiday in Europe and we're exploring the idea of shipping the car over. Maybe a smarter option would be to rent a newer 911 over there. Guess it depends on how long we plan on staying. Sure would be awesome though.

Any opinions?
    A.T.
    Early 911S Registry Member #500

FYI. It's cheaper to ship from the USA to Europe than vice versa due to empty vessels heading East.

Richard

Porsche - There Is No Substitute 2POINT7's Avatar
    A.T.

Here is an option....http://www.fastlanetravel.com/site/h...ingTreffen.htm

Bags not packed yet? There is another one next fall....http://www.fastlanetravel.com/site/h...alltreffen.htm
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1958 Porsche 356A Sunroof Coupe
    1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2008 Porsche Carrera S (her dd)
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)