Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LA to SLO May 2007

Thumbs up LA to SLO May 2007

Well, who's going and when? I'm planning on leaving LA around 11am on Thursday, and cruising up the coast. Probably leaving from the Valley....anybody wanna join in??? Or anybody leaving earlier in the day??? Works out best for me to roll around 11, that way, i can check in at work before leaving.
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

LA to Avila Beach??

Stacy,

Some members from SD and OC will be in a caravan that morning. We are planning to have lunch on the pier at Avila Beach.

I know Thorsten and I will be leaving So. OC about 6. That way we can beat the 405 work rush hour traffic from LAX to the 101.

We can meet for breakfast at the Marie Calenders around 8??? We would rather wait at the Starbuck's or the Marie Calenders than the 405. Its the usual spot we have met at in years past, the one in Thousand Oaks, several blocks away from the auto mall.

People can meet us in TO, or on the pier?

I also know the Dave B. will be leading a caravan from La Cresenta sp? He will be driving Angeles Crest. A GREAT route. I believe he is leaving about 10??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

Quote Originally Posted by RC70SCoupe
    Stacy,

We can meet for breakfast at the Marie Calenders around 8??? Its the usual spot we have met at in years past, the one in Thousand Oaks, several blocks away from the auto mall.
    People can meet us in TO
    That probably works best for me. I'll plan on meeting you guys for breakfast.... Can't wait!

Oh, Ray, got your phone msg earlier today, thanks!
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333

The H.B. Posse is looking to leave O.C. early....6'ish sounds pretty good... probably going to hook up with Tony G. et al up in LA for breakfast...Marie Calenders maybe?

just gotta switch my car back to "street mode" now...
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

I plan to leave the Valley around the same time on Thursday. Pick a time and a spot and I'll try to rendezvous with you all.
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

I'm going to get a real early jump and leave Sunday the 28th Plan to make a stop in Big Sur for a few nights first, then loop back to meet you all there at the Hotel Thursday. Probably be there late morning. Still deciding which car to bring. The early R Gruppe special, or the relatively new RS America. I haven't taken the RSA on a road trip yet thereby giving me thoughts(one year only) Decisions, decisions.............Input appreciated.....

According to Accuweather, it'll be 77-83 Deg. and Sunny for the duration of the event. Can't wait to see you all there. Yehaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Chris
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Chris, PM me if you want to hook up with the PacWest Tour in Big Sur on Thursday.
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Wed night in Ventura

Shawn and I will be arriving from Phoenix and overnighting Wed. @ Country Inn and Suites in Ventura. 805-653-7126. Protected parking and good rate, ask for AAA or AARP( Eade ). We'll arrive mid-afternoon, with time to relax and get the bugs off from the trip across the desert. Looks like we can catch the RGruppe wave Thur. PM or head up to SLO in the morning and be the reception committee when everyone else arrives. Looking so forward to this event, now I have to also decide on which car to bring. Eade, if you decide to overnight I'll bring the wine! Hell, I'll bring it anyway.
    See everyone soon,
    Duane and Charlene, #67 and #376,respectively
    Duane Hyatt

Talking Wrong phone number for hotel

Screwed up!

Country Inn and Suites
    298 Chestnut Street
    Phone 805 653 1434
    Fax 805 648 7126
    Duane Hyatt

Duane

Look forward to seeing you buddy! We should be rolling thru Ventura (best guess) around 10am or sooner on Thursday AM
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333