Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LA to SLO May 2007

SLO drive up

We can meet for breakfast at the Marie Calenders around 8??? We would rather wait at the Starbuck's or the Marie Calenders than the 405. Its the usual spot we have met at in years past, the one in Thousand Oaks, several blocks away from the auto mall.

This sounds good for me, Ray, what time will you be in Thousand Oaks. I spoke with Roger, and I think he and Mike are in for this also. Let us know
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

101 offramp??

I hope to be leaving Newport Beach by 6, arrive in Thousand Oaks 7:30??

Those who want to have breakfast, go STRAIGHT to Marie Calenders.
    Those who are coffee only people go STRAIGHT to Starbucks parking lot, wait for us. Starbucks parking lot is the meeting place. Just like in years past.

Question: What is the offramp from the 101??? I know by landmarks, not the name. Anyone have the directions to post to get to MC, or Starbucks????
    I know its at the Auto Mall.

The REAL SO Cal Caravan starts in TO, goes to Avila Beach, ends in SLO..
    I will mapquest the cities to a more exact travel time...

Note: Some may want to go the shortest distance, (straight up the 101) others the scenic route to the hotel. We may have 2 groups leaving Thousand Oaks??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

Roll time?

Actual, estimated roll time from Starbuck's parking lot? 9:30? 10? Any guesses???
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Stacy... I'm hoping to be north of Santa Barbara by 10 am

we must be driving in different groups...
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Quote Originally Posted by RSupdate
    Stacy... I'm hoping to be north of Santa Barbara by 10 am

we must be driving in different groups...
    An RoW Turbo? WOW, Gloria gets some bitchin' cars!
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333

Here is the TLG plan:

Meet at the Woodlake Bowl at 7am (right off the 101 freeway at Woodlake Ave. - exit freeway, make right, 100ft, right into lot).

Eat breakfast in the coffee shop.

On the road by 8-8:30.

Up the 101N to SLO ... nice steady pace.

All are welcome to join. We'll be cruising at 70ish mph the whole way. Nice and realxing.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

If any one needs to stop for a quick break in the Santa Barbara area on the way up my office is right off the freeway and all are welcome to our coffee and bathrooms.
    I can post the address if wanted.
    Dan Byers
    71T targa - "Stay Puff"
    EarlyS Member #608

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146
    Meet at the Woodlake Bowl at 7am (right off the 101 freeway at Woodlake Ave. - exit freeway, make right, 100ft, right into lot).Eat breakfast in the coffee shop.
    On the road by 8-8:30.
    OK, let's see if we can organize what seem to be 2 GROUPS. From what I see, there are 2 groups headed up from Orange County aruond 6am, in order to beat the traffic. TLG group meeting for breakfast at 7am at Woodlake Bowl, and Ray C group meeting for breakfast at Marie Callender's in Thousand Oaks around 8AM.

Why don't we ALL plan on meeting at the Starbucks in Thousand Oaks (NORTH of the Woodlake Bowl) around 9:30, and hit the road by 10:00am. There's really no reason to leave any earlier, and I'm sure both groups are planning an EASY and LEISURELY pace. We can take the 101 the whole way, or go the 'back way' on the 154, which is curvy, easy, and GORGEOUS. Stop for lunch in Avila Bay, and/or stop for WHATEVER in Solvang or Los Olivos etc. As the drive is ONLY 3-4 hours, if we leave too early, we MAY get there, and find our rooms not ready for Check in....

So there you have my suggestions...I'll be at the Starbucks, ready to roll around 9:30'ish....
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333

Quote Originally Posted by 69Sman
    Why don't we ALL plan on meeting at the Starbucks in Thousand Oaks (NORTH of the Woodlake Bowl) around 9:30,
    Not sure exactly where it is. If its the Westlake Blvd exit, corner of Thousand Oaks Blvd, that's Westlake Village just to pick nits.
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

I vote for the Bowling Alley

I agree that we need to unite the two groups, butmy vote is still for the bowling alley. Here's why:

The Woodlake Bowl is 100 ft from the freeway, has a HUGE parking lot with little to no traffic (no door dings) and it's also got a good place to eat.

BTW, Strabucks coffee tastes like burnt wood. They couldn't roast a bean if their lives depended on it.

My $.02.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687