Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thanks for a Great R Gruppe weekend!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Type911
    I'm still buzzin !

A truly fantastic event, thanks to everyone who helped organize & orchestrate the best event of the year. The cars were something special, but it's the people that make this event something to remember.

Rob Woolford....you are a freakin stand-up genius. Nicely done
    Yeah Rob, I was going to bust you're cojones right now (you know, in the spirit of the dinner roastings ), but you really do a great job up there as MC. You've got the stuff to keep all of us laughing our butts off even as tired as we were from playing hard in the sun and partying all night. Thanks man.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Marco: Rodolfo's and Monica's Tequila was one of the smoothest I had ever tasted- incredibly (since yours truly is sucha lightweight) there were NO after effects the next day!

Johnny, Tom, Paul; Really enjoyed carving the twisties with ya. Filling my mirrors is not an easy thing to do
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2
    70 911 "Speedster" project
    "74 IROC" tribute Jade Green RSR

I would also like to say thanks to all involved, especially making a guest like myself feel welcome. Some of the nicest cars with some of the best people made it a fantastic weekend for me.
    Thanks Ray C. for the invite and all the RGruppe members for letting my 71 tag along.
    Dan Byers
    71T targa - "Stay Puff"
    EarlyS Member #608

Thanks

I would also like to thank all the organizers and volunteers who put on a tremendous weekend event. It was my first R Gruppe event and I really enjoyed the weekend, great people, great venue, great drives, great cars. I must have strolled the Embassy parking lot 15 times just lookin' at all the cars.

I am already looking forward to next year's event, and in the meantime, I am going to get some DE so I can keep up with the crowd. . .I can't believe how fast some of you guys can drive. Very impressive.
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

"Rob Woolford....you are a freakin stand-up genius. Nicely done"

Yeah, I think it was the first time ever, I was praying I wouldn't win anything...Puuh!...

Excellent weekend!..thanks everyone.../ Lars...
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

Quote Originally Posted by larwik
    Yeah, I think it was the first time ever, I was praying I wouldn't win anything...Puuh!...
    Lol, I was thinking the same thing. Lars, it was nice to finally meet you and all of the other members that I can now attach a face to the name.

Thanks to Cris, John, Ray, Bob, and all involved in making that fantastic weekend happen. I had a great time - it really is a special gruppe.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Thanks for the kind words guys.

If there is anybody that I failed to insult this year, it was an oversight and I apologize. Pull me aside next year and I will make sure I insult you!

And for those who wondered how I attended without owning a Porsche, well let's just say I fixed that problem today!

Pics forthcoming in due time. Best regards to all!

Wolfman
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Paid-up Registry Member & proud of it!!

Great event!

Thanks to Cris Huergas, John Gray, Bob Tilton, and Ray Crawford for seeing this one through. Rob Wolford as MC was priceless.

Special thanks to Mike Mascaro, Chuck Miller, Chris Tallon and Joe Barnes for making me drive faster than I might have.

Here's the PacWest contingent half way down on its CA Hwy 1 tour.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

I'll chime in here with a big thanks to Randy for organizing a fantastic PacWest run down to SLO. Great bunch of people (including some very brave women), cool cars, and fantasic roads.

Then I'd also like to thank everyone who organized the SLO event as well. This was my sencond time driving down, and both have been phenominal!

BTW - Randy, nice job photochopping the cranky lady's subaru out of the shot!

Brooke
    Brooke
    1969 911 ST w/ 2.8SS
    1973 911 RS tribute with 3.3 turbo
    1970 914-6 w/ 2.2S (sold)
    1972 BMW M2 (sold)
    R Gruppe #338
    S Reg # 855

Thanks, Brooke. It was great to have you along on all the tours. Yeah, the gals that rode and drove along with us were really good sports with all the curvy roads and sometimes crude jokes.

Here's Sara's photo of the gruppe on the way down to Treffen 07 (taken thru Joe Barnes' GT3 sunroof):
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187