Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 98 Turbo S Beast available soon!

Quote Originally Posted by ErVikingo
    I'm sure its smoking hot but that stain on the history of the car will affect its resale value when its time to move on. The asking price does not seem to reflect that.

Just my $0.02; neat looking car nonetheless and I'm sure its very fast.

Juan,
    Como esta todo!
    Luis

This car is really cool, but I would not call it a Turbo S.
    Luis F.

Luis,

Todo bien gracias a Dios. Por favor post unas fotos del GT3....

Saludos, Juan
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by ErVikingo
    Luis,

Todo bien gracias a Dios. Por favor post unas fotos del GT3....

Saludos, Juan
    Aqui hay par de fotos (es el negro) de un show aca en Scottsdale hoy.
    http://www.scottsdaleexoticcarclub.c...0&postcount=38
    Luis F.

Wow, very nice ! Algun dia me compro uno....
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

Please don't. I'm getting that same feeling reading this thread as I do when I go down to the local auto mall. Where's the nearest shower?

Really, I think you'd do better marketing this car somewhere else.Reed thanks for your excellent input.. REALLY, we learned much from your whining. Another valueless contribution.
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

Quote Originally Posted by EARLY911ZOO
    but Carfax will reveal its history. how that occured is a mystery to him and I.

small damage to first owner salvaged it back before he obtained it.
    The engine was built using the car's original matching numbers case.

Salvage or not this car is tight and smoking HOT
    Purist! hold your tongue...you only wish you had one!
    Isn't the 993 TT based on different cases/block? It seems there's a hell of a lot more to this car's "story" than you're letting on.

The car is a neat concept but not $70k cool. Its a mongrel and seems like one of those projects that got out of control. When it comes down to it, its neither an original Targa--which is a desirable car--I have one, or a Turbo.

When good original low mile Turbos (this isn't a Turbo S) with clean title are selling for mid sixties again, you've got no hope getting that kind of money. Especially with dings and sun damage to paint. With a clean up and the right buyer--maybe high forties. But like Reed said. You're marketing in the wrong place here.

How come you're not posting it on Rennlist or Pelican? Or better yet it seems like a good candidate for an ad in Dupont Registry.
    Cheers,

Steve

Early 911S Registry #791
    R Gruppe #404

69 911T Ivory White 2.9 "RGruppe'd" (SOLD)
    72 911T Silver RS Replica SOLD
    73 911S Silver 2.7 "Flares and Chairs" SOLD

Oh not the right place for this car??

Quote Originally Posted by creator8
    Isn't the 993 TT based on different cases/block? It seems there's a hell of a lot more to this car's "story" than you're letting on.

The car is a neat concept but not $70k cool. Its a mongrel and seems like one of those projects that got out of control. When it comes down to it, its neither an original Targa--which is a desirable car--I have one, or a Turbo.

When good original low mile Turbos (this isn't a Turbo S) with clean title are selling for mid sixties again, you've got no hope getting that kind of money. Especially with dings and sun damage to paint. With a clean up and the right buyer--maybe high forties. But like Reed said. You're marketing in the wrong place here.

How come you're not posting it on Rennlist or Pelican? Or better yet it seems like a good candidate for an ad in Dupont Registry.

And who are you to say where this should be marketed???

Isnt this the "other Porsche cars category??"
    Isnt this a site for Porsche enthusiast???
    No story here, just a cool car for sale.
    Still a Targa...sporting the best Porsche never offered. Does that make it a "mongrel" .

Your comments are tantamount to trashing, If you were standing next to a guy at the swap meet who was comtemplating a car he liked then had to overhear you hosing it down for non originality and yadayadyada... You guys suck
    shut up and go drive your boxes.....thats where I'm heading for lunch
    Angeles Crest HWY .......care to join me?
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

Quote Originally Posted by EARLY911ZOO
    but Carfax will reveal its history. how that occured is a mystery to him and I.
    "Oh my gosh! Its a salvage.! Forgot to mention it.!"

Kind of says it all...

I'm not trashing. I'm just calling it like I've seen it. A couple of us saw this car marketed on eBay before, and within our community, because thats what it is here, opened a discussion on it. By posting here or anywhere like it on the web, you open yourself, as any of us do, to such a discussion.

By saying its the wrong place to market this car, I mean that you are pitching to a very savvy audience, who, as you've seen, have called this car out for being slightly less authentic than it was initially represented.

And trust me, if you'd made this pitch to me face to face, I wouldn't be shy about calling you or the seller out in person too.

Its a salvage, and you didn't mention it. Thats the big issue here.
    Cheers,

Steve

Early 911S Registry #791
    R Gruppe #404

69 911T Ivory White 2.9 "RGruppe'd" (SOLD)
    72 911T Silver RS Replica SOLD
    73 911S Silver 2.7 "Flares and Chairs" SOLD

And the fact that you're hawking it like a carney on the midway.

for sale section, does it imply open discussion?

I dont see anywhere where it says marketplace discussion, I list it here for sale not to get your -2 cents.
    This is set up for selling other Porsche cars.
    It had a salvage title and to many not a big deal.
    I didnt get the impression that this site was for purists
    take Milou's project...that is clone right???
    This is somewhat of a clone of a very expensive rare and exclusive car, done with attention to detail and quality of build, so what is your F....g problem with that.

Your statement that this is a project that went out of control, reveals much more about your lack of sophistication and general diplomacy.

You ought to start a new thread about marketplace discussion since you seem to have a handle on markets, trends and values and leave the for sale section's space to what is was intended for.
    I hang around highly qualified Porsche techs and shop owners, none of which hang around here too much because of the snobery.
    They thought very well of this car...hmmmm I wonder who's perspective I would trust...guys who wrench these for a living or a putz who with 2 cents worth and no class!

I ought to remove my signature like another fellow here who removed his ( he too,has/had an impressive collection) maybe because it annoys others who dont have or will never have such fortune and attracts negativity.
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128