Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 98 Turbo S Beast available soon!

PZuck
    Zoo,

Tell us the truth: you must have a stake in the sale to be taking the comments so personally?

Zoo,

Until we have a consensus, this message board's classifieds ARE open for discussion.... civil discussion

We have many contributors who have very large collections of these cars, old and new.
    If one of our very discerning readers is interested in your car they will PM you and you can negotiate a transaction off line...

Regardless of what's been said about your car, these readers are very discerning and knowledgeable... if the value is there, and if their in the market, they will contact you...

If you don't like the responses to your ad I can delete the entire thread.... it's up to you ...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Quote Originally Posted by EARLY911ZOO
    1998 Porsche Targa 993 C2 only 21,000 mls. Very rare and unique. Upgraded to a Turbo S Spec and body design using only factory OEM Turbo S parts and body panels. No expense spared. This is one of Porsche's rarest combinations and also one of their finest production cars. This is the last year of the air-cooled Porsche as well. Collector quality done tastefully in the Turbo S flavor. Matched with Turbo S performance plus, with over 475+HP. Can gain up to 500+HP if programed or chip the ECU. Car converted into twin Turbo S using original matching numbers, engine and trans cases, but updated to full twin Turbo S Spec, including transmission. Tight performing ride with no, I mean no oil leaks whatsoever! I had all work professionally done with OEM parts by "Shawn" at Eurospeedz, By Design Performance and "Dan" at Speed Gallery. Here are some of the upgrades and modifications. -WED EURO RS CAM 5 BAR PRESSURE REGULATOR -LIGHTWEIGHT CLUTCH AND FLYWHEEL -MODIFIED UPGRADED TURBO -DANSK STAINLESS TURBO EXHAUST - 19 X 10 AND 19 X 8.5 RUF WHEELS ON YOKOHAMAS AND CONTIS RUF ADJUSTABLE COIL OVER SUSPENSION FRONT AND REAR -RUF FRONT AND REAR SWAY BARS -TURBO S BRAKES FRONT AND REAR -COLOR CODED SPORT SEATS -ORIG GAUGES EXCEPT THE TURBO S TACH WITH BUILT DIGITAL SPEEDO -CARBON FIBER INTERIOR UPGRADE. This is a driven car, not a garage queen.

I'm helping my pal (I cant believe I'm doing this because I dont want him to sell his baby) make this car available
    email questions
    ITS A SALVAGE AND YOU DIDN'T MENTION IT.
    Cheers,

Steve

Early 911S Registry #791
    R Gruppe #404

69 911T Ivory White 2.9 "RGruppe'd" (SOLD)
    72 911T Silver RS Replica SOLD
    73 911S Silver 2.7 "Flares and Chairs" SOLD

heard you the first time

Quote Originally Posted by creator8
    ITS A SALVAGE AND YOU DIDN'T MENTION IT.
    no need for BIG caps!

its been on Ebay 3 times and from the start its says in the text that it has salvaged history.

I put up here to help my pal and didnt lift the whole text...my mistake but corrected in the first posts here...

SO.....We havent heard anything new.

Anybody got anything better...maybe with some substance?

Steve's best?
    {Isn't the 993 TT based on different cases/block? It seems there's a hell of a lot more to this car's "story" than you're letting on.}

Was that a question or a statement?....
    You obviously dont know and taking stabs in the dark. Nice.

Here's your change on your .2 cents
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

PZuck
    The reason people have trouble with the salvage title is that it is hard to believe that a vehicle would be declared a total loss for what is described as minor damage. The insurance companies have the right under the terms of the policy to determine what is and what isn't a total loss. A car will not be deemed a total until the damage hits at least 70% of value, or the vehicle cannot be safely repaired. No amount of whining by the owner is going to sway the insurance company. Why would the insurance company agree to pay $70,000 to total a car when they have the option to repair it for what sounds like much less than $10,000 worth of damage?

I frankly don’t understand why you take exception to the comments provided here.

You listed a neat car but omitted very important relevant data regarding its title status.

If it was by mistake, just come back and fix it. No big deal, we all make mistakes and a quick “mea-culpa” solves that. However, you took exception to the comments and went on a rampage against anyone that made a comment on the car. That definitely does not help your case. I think you’ve scared away most anyone here from the car with your posts.

As to the value of the car, certainly if quality parts (in good condition) went into it as you state, that certainly adds up. But like you say “how much”?

If were to use your reasoning my SC-R is worth close to $100K, my race car is over $225K. Can I get those prices, not in a million years. Regretfully market forces normally take the value of the add-ons at half price or less. Being a salvage title on top of that makes you wonder if some of those parts went in due to the severity of the original damages.

As I see it, the facts are,

- It’s a very neat car
    - Its unique
    - From your description it sounds powerful and fun
    - Car has a salvage title
    - That affects value
    - You did not disclose it originally
    - You are trying to dismiss the title condition and wonder “how it made it to the carfax” (sounds like you are upset that this could not be kept quiet)

There are a lot of clones, replicas, hot rods, restomods, … you name it out there. None are stock. The trick is to properly describe the car you are trying to sell. We come here to share knowledge and the passion we have for these cars; not to feel deceived or to be stabbed at. We have daily life for that.

We are a bunch of like minded Porsche fanatics. Most of us are well informed, knowledgeable guys and accordingly take exception to misrepresentations. I for one despise it and have been a victim of such in the purchase of a car already.

You won’t get sympathy here if you are not straight forward in your dealings and truthful in your statements. Trust you understand that especially since your replies imply that.

Like Chuck so eloquently wrote: "Regardless of what's been said about your car, these readers are very discerning and knowledgeable... if the value is there, and if their in the market, they will contact you... "

Now, how about some pics of the cars in “le zoo”?
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

Feedback cheerfully appreciated and considered

wisecracks and wise guys almost always annoys the animals.

I agree that there is much more wisdom here than not and I may need to adjust my responses by ignoring the monkeys. It's a waste of time because typing all that I could say verbally takes too long and would rather have equitable exchanges with other like minded animal lovers.

When I first considered a name for my collection/addiction, I thought of naming it the 911museum but quickly realised that I would never have anything of "Museum" quality so 911heaven name to mind, as I felt like i was in 911 Heaven for having the sense of buying some good cars in so such a short time...but then I didnt like the connotation, I'm not collecting dead cars! and certainly not going to retire any of them...then I thought the 911Zirkus or Circus {I used to juggle on a giraffe(6 foot tall unicycle) on the Venice boardwalk} but didnt want to have the cars associated with any un-natural acts or acrobacies. the zoo seemed appropriate as I seen these roar and come in all kinds of colors and shapes....and smells...ouf! yesterday I removed the gas tank on my 67S...it had been sitting for near 10 years maybe more. it still lingers...

At any rate per your request here's the Nursery.....

BTW the Beast is only visiting, it is not part of LeZOO (though it would complement it)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

forgot "toomany911s" was already taken

it might have been appropriate but I'm sure there are larger collections/obsessions out there.

now "collection out of control" ...we'll have to see! check with me late...

check out the three ducks in a row

I would like some of your analogies between P-cars and animals or animal behavior...might be fun!

Cheers and Happy Fathers Day to you'all!
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

What's the story with the blue car? Me likes !
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

73 T sunroof

no story just an original (yes yes disclosure)73T factory sunroof A/C MFI 109K miles original color WAS Gold but believe that based on another car with the same color code "he said" was called "Mica gold" and special order color! but cannot confirm this(his is a darker/richer gold than that of the codes gold metallic as displayed on the colorbank site)

anybody else has 131 9-2 for color code?

original interior still holds and is a combo of tan carpet/tobacco seats/trim with black dash door pockets...real neat. It is being redone and maybe ready today for me to pick up just in time for FD for a excersise run......weeee!
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128