Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Baja Rally Tour 07

Hear! Hear! on the food vs driving, but remember serving food to their guests is an honor there. But we can schedule things a lil better too (like no more time share visits!)

nice pics- had not seen those before

thanks!
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2
    70 911 "Speedster" project
    "74 IROC" tribute Jade Green RSR

PZuck
    Dave,

Count me in. And I second the all driving all the time itinerary.

Paul

PZuck
    Dave,

Re: More Driving. Consider Catavina for Friday night. It's been some time since I went through there on the way to Cabo, but I remember good driving and NO other traffic. Catavina is a weird ghost-town place known for it's cactus forest and cave paintings. There is a big, usually empty hotel (La Pinta?) there, proving that if you build it they may not come.

Catavina (i have never been there) is a fair distance south of Ensenada. But hey, if the group is up for it.... Do you remember some twisties along the way, or is it just basically open highway?

I am also working on the schedule a bit- with San Felipe to Tecate taking most of 350-360 miles, it makes for a long drive home. So if we start the event on Wed nite meet east of San Diego, Thursday ,Friday, come back Saturday. Some may elect to stay overnite Sat nite in Mexico or San Diego. This leaves Sunday as a cushion for some. What do you think?

I am working on something special for the group on the stage from Tecate to Ensenada. We could skip the Beer tour (that sucks up 1.5-2 hours time) and do something that you will find pretty exciting. Hint: those that came last year will remember on the drive home. Not confirmed yet, but this will be a lot more set up than last year= more fun
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2

PZuck
    Its been more than ten years since I've been down there. I recall twisties by Santo Tomas which is not too far south of Ensenada and twisties approaching Catavina. I'm not sure where else. For sure there is alot of straight open road and it is pretty far.

Wed-Saturday

The Wed. thru Saturday tour dates work for us...we've a long drive home Sunday.
    Thanks for your efforts,
    Ed and Gloria
    Ed Barnett
    RGruppe #124
    Northern California Racing Club
    American Racing Club
    Member, Northwest Hillclimb Association

see updated info at the top
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2

Dave,

Add me and my girl Sam to the list. Looking forward to it!
    Bobby
    71' Olive 2.2E Targa / Early S #491

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.

Traveling to Mexico

Just a reminder that a current passport is required for any travel to and from Mexico. I go there often (by car) and since Jan 1, a drivers license wont cut it any longer.

Nick
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

Quote Originally Posted by NickP
    Just a reminder that a current passport is required for any travel to and from Mexico. I go there often (by car) and since Jan 1, a drivers license wont cut it any longer.
    Nick-
    This is true only for air travel, but the passport issuance backlog has caused even that policy to be modified, and a passport application along with government issued photo ID is sufficient until Sept. 30, 2007. It can take 3 months or more to receive your passport after applying, unless you pay the expediting fees.

The requirement for a passport when driving into Mexico was never scheduled to take effect until Jan. 1 next year (2008). You can still enter the US by land with proof of citizenship--a certified copy of your birth certificate and gov't.-issued photo ID--until then.

See http://www.traveldocs.com/mx/er.htm and
    http://www.travel.state.gov/travel/c...bpmc_2223.html

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!