Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: July 19th pre-Road America gathering

Jared, I'm going to call you tomorrow so you can clue me in on the happenings for this weekend. I got in a bit late (my bad), so I'm pretty disorganized for this one...

Curt, what did you decide for the ferry? I'm going to call them tomorrow...which one are you planning on taking?
    Bill G.

1968 911 Ossi Blue coupe...full restoration in process
    Done: Engine; transmission; suspension; gauges; wheels; rust repair & primer; brakes; paint
    In progress: electrical; the tedious, endless, horrible fastener sorting/plating
    EarlyS #718 | RGruppe #437

Randy & Curt,
    What do you envision the doorbangers will be doing to keep themselves entertained during all the events at RA? I can get two good half days perhaps out of Tracy before she starts kicking windshields out of cars...
    Bill G.

1968 911 Ossi Blue coupe...full restoration in process
    Done: Engine; transmission; suspension; gauges; wheels; rust repair & primer; brakes; paint
    In progress: electrical; the tedious, endless, horrible fastener sorting/plating
    EarlyS #718 | RGruppe #437

Quote Originally Posted by 911scfanatic
    Randy & Curt,
    What do you envision the doorbangers will be doing to keep themselves entertained during all the events at RA? I can get two good half days perhaps out of Tracy before she starts kicking windshields out of cars...
    I see that we will have to make sure that Rex doubles (maybe more) his batch of Mojitos for the weekend.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Jared, I think Bill has talked me into taking the Lake Express out of Muskegon. I guess one possibility would be to trailer my car and you could ride with me and Kim. Looks like vehicle + trailer + 3 adults (with you 1-way) would be about $590 roundtrip. Maybe we could split that up somehow?? You'd still need to get up to my place somehow.

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 911scfanatic
    ... before she starts kicking windshields out of cars...
    That's right, laugh it up SMART GUY!! It's all fun and games until it's YOUR windshield careening down the hood!

Curt, I'll need to stop by Larry's which would be pretty far out of your way, docking in Milwaukee. I can fly to Chicago for $50, so I think I'll just get a flight Thurs am, there's one arriving 9:18am. Larry has offered to pick me up, or I could flag down a northbound screaming 911 with an empty seat (Brian/Dave/Scott... you ARE going Scott!).

I'd be up for the boatride on the way back, or - I've never driven the UP route which could be fun too. I may stop and visit relatives in Traverse if we go that way. After our last Chicago traffic experiences, I say we definitely avoid THAT nightmare! So is the general consensus to head back Sunday?

** Is it recommended to buy advance tickets?? - Anyone doing the on track touring?**
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

The ferry tickets need to be purchased 1-2 weeks in advance. I just talked to Brian - he can probably pick you up at the airport in Chicago if Larry can't.

It might make sense to drive back thru the UP since we'll be leaving from Elkhart Sunday. We'll need to stop and have pasties for lunch though!

Jared - are you going to the 356 Holiday at Boyne this weekend? I've got an assignment in the UP Friday and will be stopping by on the way back.

Midwest Crew

You MW guys have all the fun ! Hopefully next year we can coordinate events...if so I'd drive out to Elkhart Lake, then you guys can do the return trip to Colorado
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2021 Spyder PTS Signal Yellow
    2019 Carrera T Racing Yellow
    2008 Boxster S Ltd. Ed Orange
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295
    Zuffenhausen secret weapon

Hi Chris,

Yeah the conflict with these 2 events is a bummer. I would really like to join you guys for the tour in the CO Rockies. I hope we can plan this for next year.

PS We will have to find some bigger 'lungs' for the Grey Wolf though.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Jared,
    If Larry cannot pick you up, there is a possibility that I will be able to break away to help you out. Regarding my attending, I am going to darn well give it my best shot. My projected opening date is the week of July 16th, but with all that I see that needs to be done from an electrical/plumbing standpoint, I don't see that happening. I would predict that it will be delayed a week, so I should be able to attend if that happens.

I will have to play it by ear and make my decision the week of. I think y'all need to caravan down and get your cars washed and detailed. By the way, I love Porsches so much that I incorporated one in to my logo. Couldn't quite get the artist to duplicate the longhood though.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Randy - I talked to Vic Rivera and he'll be at RA for sure (probably with the new Speedster) and is going to try make Thurs night. If not, he'll hook up with us for Fri/Sat activities.