Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rally in the Valley review

Looks as though you all had another great weekend. I was sorry to miss it but I just have too much going on this summer. If Tom and Theresa are crazy enough to do it again next year I will definitely make the trip.

No drunken bull riding pictures??
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Thanks for such a terrific event

The 2007 Valley Rally was a such a great time for Barbara and myself. Our hosts, Tom and Teresa were soo very wonderful. Virginia is quite beautiful and "The Farm" was a little piece of Heaven on earth. We did not want to leave. And the food, "I have never put any better chicken in my mouth" was stated, and I agree.

The participants were quite a nice bunch as well. Great to meet such a fine group of Porsche Hooligans.

Highlights included: John Ashfords incredible tale of his new restoration project that he already has the #'s matching engine and trans for. Well done John. Tom and Nancy Morgans silver 73 E on the street with track set suspension...you are my hero Tom. See car 2 in attached pic. Chuck and his son Nigel, great kid, super nice unrestored 70S (Chuck had even offered the keys to me)...not to mention his other nice cars that made the trip. Hal and "mens restroom inspector" Julie with a fine example of the last of the air cooled 911 cars. Karl and Nikki's sweet beige gray targa. Daron's very nice light yellow 73T with rare five color seat insert wool coupe...that car needs a new owner. Me!

I missed Hals Goodwood video tho. The long distance prize can be sent to you Karl. BTW Sláinte! Burp! Erik, I want to see your car next year...pics will do for now. Hal, the 914 needs to be kept street legal so that I may see it also.

Others that require thanks are Weldon and Phillys of G&W Motorwerkes, Tom & Dot Bridgers, Teresa's parents, Don and Sue, and to Scott Hanger for the Peach flavored party item that blurred the rest of Saturday evening.

AND, I got to drive "Shorty". The sad thing is that this wonderful weekend has insured that 2007 can not get any better now. Thanks to all listed above for a great time. Oh, and the Mustang was a POS. Shawn.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399

man that car was sooooo beautiful!

maybe Chuck could be convinced to bring his SWB next year. the two of those cars together would be a very special occasion
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!