Page 31 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: 911E Cars for Sale

I was on the Ivory/Green car last year. Seller bought the car from the bank it was a repo which is no big deal...

I talked to a shop in the Southeast that had worked on the car and was told the car had been damaged in a hurricane but nothing extensive,tree limb on hood and fender. The transmission is not matching and the flares were added by the PO in the late 80's early 90's. There are not many pictures available on ebay but pictures I had of the car show some rust as well. Still a very nice car and Ivory/Green is a very cool combo imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Gris View Post
    Anyone know about the Ivory/green '73 911E on eBay? Aside from what appears to be a repaint mismatch and RS flares, looks good. No VIN published, but I'm sure I've seen a green interior before. Maybe here...?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...-/111297187360
    Just FYI, I followed up on this car directly with the "owner". He said he would sell for $28K. I gave him my number and asked him to call me...which he did...from a Utah number. When I asked if I could see the car, he said that he was on a business trip in Buffalo, and the car was in storage in SC...and nobody could show it to me...and he wasn't sure when he would be back...but, if I sent him $3K, he would hold the car for me. He had a very heavy accent, and balked at every question I asked about the car. Definitely a scam.

I believe it disappeared from eBay a couple days ago. Lotta sharks out there. Wonder how many down payments he collected.

:-/
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

hope no one fell into his game if indeed a scam.

http://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/196...che-911-2-0-e/

if the market keeps holding a bun to my head I may have no choice, but to sell mine. yipes!

I talked to this guy several times. He sent me a copy of the title. I called it into NC, no such title #, name! or car. They should sop hot people like this but the fact remains they are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by typ901 View Post
    http://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/196...che-911-2-0-e/

if the market keeps holding a bun to my head I may have no choice, but to sell mine. yipes!
    Let's hope it's a Cinnabun!
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

Just sold on Ebay, original owner: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...torefresh=true
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Quote Originally Posted by mfitton View Post
    Somebody got a really good deal. I bet it's a broker.

R Gruppe #631
    Early 911S Registry #1825

1973E Coupe

1973 911E Targa on eBay - no BIN price.

No affillation - this car must have some history posted elsewhere here.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...US_Cars_Trucks
    Dealer: Legendary Classic Center, Costa Mesa, CA (Call for Price - (949) 335-7474)
    http://www.legendaryclassiccenter.co...targa-c-34.htm
    Mileage: 91696
    Transmission: 5 Speed manual
    Exterior Color: Signal Yellow
    Interior Color: Beige/Tan
    Vin: 9113210395

"According to its Porsche Certificate of Authenticity, this 911 retains its original matching-numbers engine, and was specified as a US example with forged alloy wheels, a stabilizer bar, sport seats, comfort equipment, tinted glass and Pirelli tires. Originally finished in sepia brown paint over a brown leatherette interior, this Porsche was dispatched for America and allocated to a Minnesota dealership, where it was purchased by Wyn Stephens of Minneapolis. As reflected by log entries in an original maintenance manual, the owner consistently serviced the care at Central Porsche/Audi for almost 10 years, with records extending to 1982.

By the late 2000’s, the 911 had been acquired by Aventura Motors of Southhampton, New York, that executed mechanical work that included the fitting of new bilstein shocks and struts, and suspension bushings. The clutch, brakes and mechanical fuel-injection pump were rebuilt, and a new oil tank and fuel lines were installed. Cosmetically, the car was repainted in Signal Yellow, and the brown sport seats were reupholstered, including factory-style houndstooth inserts.

The 911 was purchased in this well-sorted state in early 2012 by the former owner, a Porsche enthusiast residing in New York. After some mild use, this owner returned the Targa to Aventura in the second half of 2012 for a significant service. During the round of work, the engine was resealed, the gas tank removed and serviced, suspension and brakes completely overhauled, and all hoses were replaced.

This car was acquired last year by the consignor, a dealer of fine motor cars based in Manhattan, who states that this 911 Targa is in great running condition, and still features desirable original components like its original type 911/52 motor, fuchs alloy wheels, and factory-equipped sport seats."

Last edited by DOUGS73E; 04-24-2014 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Fixed VIN typo.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548