Page 7 of 107 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: 911E Cars for Sale

Resto project

This came on this morning on the PCA site:http://www.pca.org/mart/classifieds....uery=retrieval
    Member:S Registry #864

Quote Originally Posted by sithot
    PCA is where I found "my buddy" in Seattle Washington who has a bunch of early 911-S cars his 73-S. 1st thing in the A.M.. The thing is geographically impossilbe for me to pull of so I hand him the ball and he " S C O R E S "!!!
    He then makes me listen to the engine on his way home via a cell phone.
    He's a pal but sometimes hard to live with.

Tom
    Actually it was a 72S, 63K original miles, one repaint, sunroof, leather interior, sport seats, limited slip, every receipt from new, original window sticker, the original fuchs didn't need restoration, etc. etc. Tom's a PITA most of the time, but I'll put up with him if he keeps on sending me these!

Here's the car...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Look how much bandwidth Eric is taking up with his signature tag listinmg all of his cars
    My favorite is that 2.7 twin plug light blue, yellow headlamp 67S with the Cibie hood lights. That one is on my short list

73' on PCA Site

Hi:

I have corrisponded with the seller of the 73' on the PCA website. Below is a paste of his email reply to me. I'm interested in the car with a view to restoring it to excellent driver standards, having all the work done professionally. If his description of the extent of the rust is accurate, I'm looking for opinions on what I would be getting into cost wise. The car will need rust repair, paint. interior and the drive train going through. I will post the pics he sent me later.

"1973 911E Sunroof coupe. $14,500 Vin# 9113201151

2.4 liter MFI - 5 speed 915 trans - 66,000 original miles

We have the COA on the car.

There have been no accidents with the car. The interior is black leatherette.

The COA shows Light metal wheels, stabilizer bars, wheel well molding, comfort package, tinted windshield and side glass, white fog lights(they are not with the car) and a sunroof.

This is a very complete car.

It has been stored in a garage the entire time that it has been off the road. It has a 1985 PA State inspection sticker on it.

A customer of ours started the process of making the car road worthy and then decided he would rather be driving a car this summer than working on one. Had the one fender stripped, replaced the inner fender mount and then decided to not go any further with the car. We bought the car as you see it in the photos. We did a leak test and the numbers varied from a low of 80/45 to a high of 80/70. The engine turns over freely but has not been started in 20 plus years.

The history of the car is it has had three owners. The second owner changed the color of the car and the third owner changed it back to the original color which is Gemini Blue Metallic.

Somewhere early in its life, Porsche replaced the engine in this car with a factory long block.

No rust in the floor pans or battery pans. As you can see in the photos, the rockers and the door strikers need rust repair."
    Thanks

JF

'73 E

I looked at the pics I received from the dealer. I would categorize the rust as "serious" One would have to assume it's mostly from road salt and is in other places as well.

Personally, I "stopped" when the engine was non-matching #. For me, the costs to repair the rust and paint would be approximately $15k and that's with me doing much of the work.

I do agree that all the pieces are there and the undamaged parts of the car are very nice.

Bill
    Bill
    1969 911T - sold
    2001 911 Turbo - sold
    1996 911 C4S - returned
    1982 911SC - gone
    1960 356 Roadster - sold

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=300222494921

Looks like Frank is selling S's and buying E's. Nice looking car. Frank might be on to something

Arrow

For some reason the server timed out and said it deleted my post....

Arrow

Here is my 1969 Porsche 911E that I am selling after 18 years of ownership.

I have more details and photos to those who are very serious in purchasing.

Porsche 1973 911 E Sun Roof - $15000 (Lincoln Ca. by Sacramento)

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

'73 T 2.7RS spec.