Page 9 of 107 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: 911E Cars for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by joetiii View Post
    anybody on the west side know this 72 E Targa?

non numbers matching black E in Cali
    I've spoken to the seller several times about this car, although I haven't gone to see it. While the seller is a nice enough guy, I'm not sure whether he is evasive or just doesn't know what he has. It took several conversations to learn the engine number, which is from a 72T. That fact seriously diminished my interest, so I didn't get around to seeing it last week and I'm on vacation through the end of the month, but will try to get a look if it is still available when I return. I believe he accepted a $20k offer in one of his earlier auctions from an established bidder but it didn't close, which, along with the lack of more detailed photos of critical areas, leads me to believe the car has more issues than he understands or lets on.

I'd be interested in comments. Also if anyone is nearby let me know please.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-...QQcmdZViewItem

Quote Originally Posted by dmundy View Post
    I'd be interested in comments. Also if anyone is nearby let me know please.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-...QQcmdZViewItem
    I'm familiar with this car, having almost bought it from the dealer in VA that sold it to the current owner, and I've seen and driven it here in California. Feel free to PM or email me.

Car did not meet reserve and only got to 27k.

I believe Lucerne629 is the inimitable Jack Molinier who I had a less then honest ebay experience with. Sorry i don't post on this forum more often but as i have shown from my buying patterns I don't really know enough to contribute. None the less I do read and try to learn. Best, Yale

Quote Originally Posted by yale View Post
    I believe Lucerne629 is the inimitable Jack Molinier who I had a less then honest ebay experience with. Sorry i don't post on this forum more often but as i have shown from my buying patterns I don't really know enough to contribute. None the less I do read and try to learn. Best, Yale
    Yale, did you ever reach an equitable resolution regarding your "well-patina-ed" Targa?
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

Well EG, I saw your question and have been thinking about how to answer it. I am a bit long winded on this subject but since this is a 911E sales thread I could give just a one word answer, which is - no -. Let me just say I did everything wrong every step of the way on this car. At the end of the day I did try to drive it after a bunch of work. The culmination of which was a series of 5 minute ambulatory drives after which the car would totally die. Rust in the gas tank, (maybe?), left the car sputtering. I had a friend following me and he couldn't stop laughing. I sold the car to a dealer for $15,000 less then I paid for it (not including what i spent on the work). I am sure Jack Molinier was proud of his sales abilities and I will never hear the end of it from friends who wonder what else I could buy without checking it out first - all because someone sounded honest. I will say an agent from the ATF did email me to ask some questions about Jack so who knows what that was about.

1971 911T Irish Green

1969 911e soft window target at auction

Went to Greenwich CT Concours today. Tomorrow is the Bonhams auction starting at noon and is also the foreign concours. Lot number 209 in the auction is a 1969 911E Soft window targa and looks to be a fair estimate IMO.

Chris Johnson

1969 911E Porsche Excellent Original Survivor - $37500 (Arizona)

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

1970E in Oklahoma - Tulsa Craigslist

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/1278016583.html

So, I just came along this. I'm a 912 owner - a '66 under restoration, but thought this was interesting.

Anyone know this car? Is this a good deal? Some things don't look done/right on it, but this seems cheap for a #'s matching car.

Thanks!!

OK912