Page 209 of 278 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2771

Thread: 911T Cars for Sale

Frank may be right. While Sepia wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me, seems likely that it held this car back. Same car in silver may have pulled more. And if it were something like metallic blue it would have definitely pulled a bunch more.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

don't tell anyone …. but jim b has been conducting subliminal suggestive manipulations to bolster peoples acceptance of sepia..... the only doughnuts he has been offering up for the last several meetups have been "sepia flavored"...………..BELEVE IT OR NOT!!!!!

Don't shoot, I'm just the messenger

I looked at this with moderate interest. I do not mind the color but....

No documentation of the rebuild other than the 1 page with labor/hrs.. "A description of the engine rebuild and other maintenance also comes with the car."

There are things I would have done to "spruce it up". Engine fan and housing would enjoy some cleaning. The insulation pad is hanging. It looks as if it may have been put in with the engine in situ because there is no sign of glue, one part is hanging and the hold tabs are pushed to the limit. Why is wasn't done when the engine was out is beyond me. It is so easy. Something knocked the heck out of the engine latch panel too.
    However, this line stopped me in my tracks: "The seller notes that there are also spots of corrosion starting to form on the passenger-side rear quarter panel just aft of the door". Is this a euphemism for rust?

Probably enough "nits" to knock $10-15K off the top.

Another Sepia car I'm familiar with sold for more than this one last year. It was documented and offered by a well known and respected restorer with a long PCA affiliation. Old school guys.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bob joyce View Post
    don't tell anyone …. but jim b has been conducting subliminal suggestive manipulations to bolster peoples acceptance of sepia..... the only doughnuts he has been offering up for the last several meetups have been "sepia flavored"...………..BELEVE IT OR NOT!!!!!
    "If true" (as mainstream media likes to say)...

CLASSIC Jim B.

However, it's going to take a lot more than doughnuts to turn the brown tide.

FS: @BaT - 1971 2.2L 911T Coupe

An early 911 for sale from Wyoming . . .
    ---------------------------------------------
    Bring-a-Trailer Website Auction
    1971 Porsche 2.2L 911T Coupe, Lot #15958
    VIN: 9111121603
    Engine: 6109491 (1970 911E)
    Trans: - (replacement gearbox)
    Color: Light Ivory/Black
    Mileage: (unknown)
    Auction Estimate: -
    Sold for: US$53,000 (01/31/19)

71T 1.jpg

71T 2.jpg

71T 2-1.jpg

71T 3.jpg

71T 4.jpg

71T 5.jpg

71T CoA.jpg

71T Owners.jpg

BaT Description:

This Porsche 911 is finished in Light Ivory over a black interior and was acquired by the seller in May 2013. The car is equipped with a replacement fuel-injected 1970 2.2L flat-six which was reportedly rebuilt and fitted with Carrera-style tensioners, Dougherty camshafts, a Sachs clutch, and more in 2017. Power is sent through a 911/01 5-speed manual transaxle equipped with a ZF limited-slip differential, and additional modifications include staggered Fuchs wheels, replica leather sport seats, RS-style door panels, and Bilstein shocks. This 911 is offered with a Porsche Certificate of Authenticity, ownership history beginning in 1996, partial service records, and a clean Wyoming title in the seller’s name.

A repaint in the original shade of Light Ivory (11) was reportedly performed in 2008, though the work did not include refinishing the door jambs. The seller notes the presence of several chips and other blemishes in the paint and windshield. Staggered 15” Fuchs wheels measure 6” wide up front and 7” out back. The front brake calipers and rotors are said to be newer items, and a 21mm ATE brake master cylinder has been installed. Suspension modifications reportedly include the following:

- Bilstein shocks
    - Sway-A-Way torsion bars and adjustable spring plates
    - Smart Racing sway bars
    - Roller bearings
    - Wevo Camber King with aluminum strut bar
    - Aluminum rear trailing arms
    - Elephant Racing rear monoballs and spring plate bushings
    - Aluminum steering rack support

Replica sport seats are trimmed in black leather with perforated inserts and equipped with harnesses. RS-style door panels, a 3-spoke ST steering wheel, and a GPS system have been added, while the rear seats and radio have been removed. The speedometer is said to work while the odometer is stopped at 17,382 miles, leaving total mileage unknown.

The replacement 1970 2.2L flat-six is equipped with mechanical fuel injection and was installed under previous ownership. The engine was reportedly rebuilt in February 2017 and fitted with Dougherty camshafts, Carrera-style tensioners, and a Sachs clutch kit. An oil cooler and dual closed-cell batteries have additionally been installed, and the fuel injection pump was rebuilt by Pacific Fuel Injection. A non-original 5-speed manual transaxle routes power to the rear wheels through a ZF limited-slip differential and replacement CV axles. An oil change and valve adjustment were performed six months ago.

The Porsche Certificate of Authenticity lists original colors, optional equipment, and factory numbers.
    Last edited by DOUGS73E; 02-01-2019 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Added sold for price.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Looks promising. 1972 911 T Coupe https://www.exoticcarlist.com/car/43...UrMlfH5TAgBZzM
    1969 911S Targa
    1970 911S Coupe
    1973 911T w 3.2
    1972 Alfa GTV 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Frankr View Post
    That's a scam ad.
    9112101570 with same pictures was listed on eBay recently, asking $116k.
    Currently in between Porsches. Sold my 73.5T Targa, now suffering from serious withdrawal symptoms. Attending Rennsport Reunion VI didn't really help getting over it.

Past: '73.5T Targa, '12 991S Cab, '07 987

Seemed to good to be true. I'll pass along to where I saw that
    1969 911S Targa
    1970 911S Coupe
    1973 911T w 3.2
    1972 Alfa GTV 2000

The real listing for the '72T:
    -------------------------------
    eBay Motors
    1972 Porsche 2.4L 911T Coupe
    VIN: 9112101570
    Engine: 61224156
    Trans: -
    Color: Light Yellow/Black Leatherette
    Mileage: 00,961 (indicated)
    Price: US$116,000

72T 0.jpg

72T 1.jpg

72T 2.jpg

72T 2-1.jpg

72T 3.jpg

72T 4.jpg

72T 5.jpg

72T 7.jpg

72T 8.jpg

Seller's Description:

1972 Porsche 911T non-sunroof coupe, vin number #9112101570, (US model 911T), This was the 1570th 911T built, of 2931 in 1972 with “matching numbers“. Engine number #*61224156*, the 4156th engine built in 1972. This is in beautiful, rust free, much restored, condition. A lot of attention to detail has been put into making this a very nice car. From its original light yellow paint (code 117) with restored black leatherette (#708) interior, to the original decals in the engine bay.

*Featured in July 2018 “CLASSIC PORSCHE” Magazine, with full photo spread and story of the car since I’ve owned it and my history and love for Porsches. Issue included with car.

This was a recent rotisserie refurbishment to the bare tub. This 911T has a clean title and COA from Porsche Cars North America. Every inch of this car has been gone over.
    If you’re going to Bid, please read entire listing. This is a binding contract.

Exterior
    Freshly painted exterior in original light yellow color with no scratches or chips. Paint has never seen rain and hardly seen sunlight. This car also has the upgraded S Trim package in new condition. Hood badge in perfect condition along with original “Gold” 911T and “PORSCHE” scripting on rear deck lid in excellent condition. The rear window has the defrosters but not connected. Chrome around door window trim is shiny and bright with a few light scratches here and there (nothing that stands out). Windshield has no cracks stars or chips but you can tell it’s probably original. All rubber on this car is new, from the windshields seals, door gaskets, to the blinker gaskets and door plugs. Bumpers have all new trim with brand new rubber all around. Front bumperettes are shiny chrome and are new. Rear bumperates also have shiny chrome but rubber shows a little age up close . Rear grill is shiny and looking new with one or two small blemishes if viewed up close. Brand new undercoating including the gas tank. New engine sound pad.

Mechanical
    This 911T has a fresh engine rebuild, including rings, bearings, proper 3 angle valve grind with new valves, exhaust guides, polished crank, heater ducting tubes, Weber carbs, the desirable 40 IDA units, rebuilt and completely detailed. Also added are new plugs, points, cap, rotor and ignition wires. Updated Turbo valve covers (originals included) with the upgraded silicone reusable gaskets set. Correct 915 5 speed trans rebuilt with new 1st and 2nd syncros, 1st gear, sliders and all shift bushings that shifts smoothly and precisely like a new transmission. The clutch is smooth, quiet and firm. Fuel tank has been cleaned, recoated and painted. The brakes work perfectly and bring the car to a short stop in a straight line. The original and “perfect” 15” Fuchs alloy wheels and center caps have brand new, correct size tires.

Interior
    This 911T has new carpet (major pieces), very nice original specification seats with correct headrests, a perfect dash, and door panels. Door pockets show there age but have been recovered to nice condition. The dash trim is the original cross hatch vinyl in perfect condition. Original steering wheel with working horn in excellent condition. All gauges work properly and are in good condition, including the clock which keeps time (but falls behind about 4 minutes a week). All gauge lighting illuminates. The correct 911T 6700 RPM tachometer was just restored by Palo Alto Speedometer with upgraded electronics. Glove box, in excellent condition with original owners manual. Fully functional heater and including lever between seats and slide controls on dash. The trunk is completely detailed with a new carpet kit and still has an original tool kit (not sure if original tools to this car or if it’s complete). Headliner is in very good condition. Both dome lights are working. Correct ‘72 shifter (one year only), with correct shift knob in perfect condition.

Overview
    This Porsche 911 drives smoothly and beautifully with only 1000+ miles, since rebuild, with a lot of restoration including an engine rebuild. It has a nice smooth ride with no noises, squeaks or rattles. It tracks in a straight line and has nice smooth acceleration in all gears. The car is not perfect, but it is very nice. It absolutely should be seen by anyone serious about bidding on it. You need to see it for yourself in order to; 1: Appreciate how nice it is. 2: Decide if, in your eyes, this is the car for you. Different people have differing opinions. I bought this 911T over 20 years ago and enjoyed driving it to commute, weekend winery trips and more recently, car shows. Driving it on the street gets a lot of turning heads, people asking questions out their windows and thumbs ups. This is “not” a perfect car but very nice. If your looking for a perfect concourse car, this is not it. Your average guy on the street would probably say it’s perfect. Current tags paid and good through Aug 2019.
    I have photos and videos so please view them and inspect photos carefully as they are part of the description. I tried my best to show all aspects of this car to help anyone interested in making a decision. I’m selling this car because I recently retired and though I hate to see it leave, I need to invest in other opportunities at this time. CarGurus estimates the “Average Value” for a ‘73 911 (That’s as far back as they go) at $117,000. I feel the ‘72 is more collectible and exclusive but that’s for you to decide. Also, I believe this car is above average in appearance and mechanical. But again, still not “perfect”. But, how many cars are "perfect"?
    Last edited by DOUGS73E; 01-27-2019 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Added Photos
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

FS: @eBay Motors - 1969 911T Karmann Coupe

I bet it is non-operational . . .
    ------------------------------------
    eBay Motors Website Auction
    1969 Porsche 911T Karmann Coupe
    VIN: 1191120651
    Engine -