Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Video restoration of a 911T Targa (in German)

Paul and others,

To save the video to your hard drive you need to download and install the latest version of RealPlayer which is RealPlayer 11 beta.

Once it's installed, when you go to web sites with video, you'll see a little tab above the videos saying Download with Real Player. It works great.
    Neil
    '73 911S targa

I don't speak hardly any German (since I only took it in high school to be near a young female...), but I assume some of the lines translate as:

"You found what???"

"OMG, that's going to cost how much???"

"I need to set up a special secret bank account that my wife cannot see."

"Ow, ow OW!!"

repeated in various ways, and interspersed with his daydreams -- which are the scenes of 911s on racing circuits....

I particularly liked the guys comment when he removed the water soaked insulation around the pedal cluster. Sounded to me like he muttered: "Typical American". Which suggests (along with the abarth exhaust) that the car must have originally been a US delivery car.

Caproader
    73 S with sporto and 69 912 in rehab.

Smile

They say it apraised at 60000 Euro's Thats $82200 Wow !

What was the total investment ?

Were they afraid to say they put in close to $100000 US ? That would be my guess concidering it had a blue printed RUF motor !

Wish there was a place her in So Cal that did glod cad plating like that !

Nice Vids !

One lucky viewer of the show got to drive this beautiful targa if he/she won the competition...
    It seems that a Mr. Wolf from Dinslaken actually won the whole car...

http://www.kabeleins.ch/auto/tuning/porsche/09667/

Not bad.

Excellent videos. Did I miss something or did he say in the first one McQueen drove a 912 at the start of Le Mans?

Remember everything seems scary expensive when you convert € to $ now as the $ is so weak in comparison (sorry). Even so €60k for a 1970 T seems a big number.

I managed to grab all these and convert them to .avi and make them into one long file. If there's interest I can make a torrent so we can share it?

Avi file - German Resto 911 T valued at $80K+ (!)

Quote Originally Posted by PhilGarner
    I managed to grab all these and convert them to .avi and make them into one long file. If there's interest I can make a torrent so we can share it?
    Yes please! would be great to get this in one file. I had a go every which way to save it, but no go. Let me know how I can download the file from you.

I would be very interested too. I understand very little German, but I like the pictures...
    Giaz
    Life is hard without a Porsche

Quote Originally Posted by PhilGarner
    Yes, please. I speak fluent German and these are very informative as I am just digging into my 70T. They paid 12,800 Euros for the base car, can I assume prices in Germany are higher overall? I guess less supply.

Ulrich