Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Somethin' Fishy Goin' On

Somethin' Fishy Goin' On

A bit OT, but I was given these pics of a supposedly '75 Euro Carrera for sale.

Very funny VIN of 91159XXXXX, Engine # of 695XXXX, and engine type 911/88.

I checked the red book and elferhelfer, with absolutely no reference to these numbers. Struck me as suspect because the number should be:

VIN 91156XXXXX, Engine 665XXXX, and engine type 911/83.

The color given on the alleged COA (in German, fiebergruen Diamant), Fever Green Diamond, is also not listed in my reference material. That is not as big of a deal, as colors are always subject to special orders, etc.

Anybody have any comments?
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    J-P
    S Registry #949

Looks famliar

THAT LOOKS like Wolfords old car. IT was one of (I believe) 126 '76 Euro Carreras. His was something like Diamond Green MEtallic or ???? I don't know....

Rob???????
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

If it was one of the 123 '76 cars it would have a VIN 9116609001 to 9116609123

I don't think Rob's car was a '76. Maybe a '75?

It does looks like Rob's car though; similar colors and the same incorrect short Carrera stripe.
    Carl Bauer - OBP
    1979 RoW 911SC
    1969 Subaru 360 - 1969 Winkelmann WDF1 - 2016 KTM RC390

Stripe

Carl,

Can you expound on the Carrera stripe? What is "short" and what would be correct? Thanks.

Stacy,

The VIN and engine numbers do equate to a 1975 model. The "9" in those numbers, however, and the 911/88 engine are not making sense to me, though.
    J-P
    S Registry #949

Quote Originally Posted by J-P
    Carl,

Can you expound on the Carrera stripe? What is "short" and what would be correct? Thanks.
    The 'carrera' script on the drivers side, as pictured, is TOO short - there should be MORE script on the rear fender panel. The ENTIRE last 'a' should be on the fender.
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333

Ahhhh

Thanks, Stacy. Good to get the details down.

As an aside, I wrote the seller early this morning outlining my concerns about the numbers. It is a vintage car restoration shop that is selling it. Looks like they do a lot of Ferraris by their website. As of now, they have yet to reply with any answers. I'm not holding my breath.
    J-P
    S Registry #949

Looks like it has a Vermont tag. If it is not too far, I'll be happy to look at it when I return to New Hampshire next week.
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

Wolford's ex

THE more I think about this, the more I am thinking it IS Wolford's ex car. As I recall, his car had some story attached regarding the vin number and engine number, and it all being factory verified....

but it's been a LONG time, and my memory has been known to play tricks.

but it certainly looks similiar. Rob - where R U ????
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333

A '9' as the 5th digit of the VIN identifies it as a 'Special Order' car - same goes for the '9' (2nd digit) in the engine number.

I think you'll find that the engine is a Type 911/83 not /88.
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

A quick search on Pelican &.....Stacy's right - it's Rob Wolford's old car:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...ht=Rob+Wolford

Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105