Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine installed backwards

Darn..we put the engine in the wrong place!

Engine installed backwards

Only kidding. Now that I have your attention though, after installing my engine after a rebuild I don't seem to be getting a spark. I connected the timing light and I am not getting any light so it must not be sparking. I checked the distributor hook up and it is connected to the permatune and to the relay. How can narrow down the cause of the problem? Thanks in advance.

Don

Yearr of the car would be helpful. But did you check/install/connect the speed sensors in the bellhousing? Also check to see if you have all the wiring connected. Power to the coil? Tough diagnosis without seeing the car. Good luck.
    1971 911S with Factory Recaro Sport Seats, 100% original, Bahia Red/Black

1974 914 2.0 Yellow/Black

2006 Cayman S Artic Silver/Terrecotta (Pending)

When you think in you're in full control, you're just not driving fast enough

Its a 1969 but has PMO carbs replacing the MFI.

Don...

Check the permatune

How do I check it? Thanks in advance.

Don

Is it a silver of blue permatune? Silver permatunes fail with regularity, blue ones almost never do.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Quote Originally Posted by dhopkins
    How do I check it? Thanks in advance.

Don
    If you can temporarily swap with a know good one, you'll know right away.

Don,

As Kenik mentioned the silver ones fail regularly...
    I have one right now that has literally no more than 20 hrs of use and it test ok by the permatune test sheet...but it does absolutely nothing on the car....plugged in a very very old permatune blue one...works fine...plugged in a very old Bosch works fine...the silver one is a piece of crap....opened it up to see what was wrong....you can do this on the Bosch and blue ones...well what do you know...the guts are totally epoxied...this is how they hide the evidence..
    Find a Bosch one....

John

Make sure there is source voltage to the unit and it's connected correctly to the system.

If it doesn't work, reinstall the prior system and get a replacement. The Crane versions seem to be pretty reliable.

Sherwood

Good to know

Contact Loren at: http://www.systemsc.com/

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111