Thread: 0 for 2 today. Need help with front bumper removal.

0 for 2 today. Need help with front bumper removal.

Ok, the side bumper bolts on my 70T were no problem. However, only 2 of the 4 forward mounting bolts accessible through the holes in the front pan (see pic) are for the bumper. The other 2 are for the bumper guard. The second set of bumper bolts are completely unaccessible, as far as I can see.

Anyone got a plan B?

Ulrich
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Did you take out the two bolts on each side of the inner trunk panel? On the vertical wall just forward of the battery box (just around the corner from where you took the picture)? Look between the washer bottle and the battery box on the driver's side. On the pax side they are essier to see.

John

Quote Originally Posted by caproader
    Did you take out the two bolts on each side of the inner trunk panel? On the vertical wall just forward of the battery box (just around the corner from where you took the picture)? Look between the washer bottle and the battery box on the driver's side. On the pax side they are essier to see.

John
    No I didn't, I didn't know what they were for. Thank you.

Bumber is off! Thank you very much.

Ulrich

Glad that it worked out. My plan for a new project is to go about 10% further than I went with the last project. That way I can always safely back out to familiar territory if things go badly. If things go well, I feel confident enough to move to a more challenging project next time.
    Good luck in your next project.

The Capitalist Roader, member # 322
    73 S with sporto and 69 912 coming out of rehab

So far not too much rust cancer.

And yes, the broom handle complements the car color. I wasn't raised in no barn.

Ulrich
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ahhh, looks like a nice project

Congrat's on the bumper removal. Like the naked look of your car. Mine had that look on it for several months.

Tom