Thread: 911 cars owned by Factory?

911 cars owned by Factory?

Hello all,

I came across some cardex from a 1968 Porsche 911 that has it first registration in 1971.
    Does anyone know if Porsche company kept the cars indoors without registration or if there is another motives for such vehicles get their first registration only years later?
    Thank you.

Best regards,
    Dennes
    Best,
    Dennes

Dennes, you might want to show us the Kardex, so we can judge and have a look at it..

br
    haul
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

Quote Originally Posted by haul View Post
    Dennes, you might want to show us the Kardex, so we can judge and have a look at it..

br
    haul
    I would gladly show it here, but I do not have it, since I saw it in a local classic car dealership.
    My instinct is telling me that it can be fake, but somehow I want to give it the benefit of the doubt.
    The cardex they hold is like any other cardex I saw before.
    On the top of the page states exactly that the car is a 1968 911 model, on the bottom left corner is written there ****11-67, and written on the first registration it clearly states the name of the buyer and the date of first registration 21-02-1971
    My question persists, why would the factory hold such a vehicle for so long?
    Is there any registration of the factory to use the cars internally?
    Thank you.

Best regards,
    Dennes
    Best,
    Dennes

Händler Nr

Quote Originally Posted by Dennes View Post
    . . . came across some cardex from a 1968 Porsche 911 that has it first registration in 1971.
    Does anyone know if Porsche company kept the cars indoors without registration or if there is another motives for such vehicles get their first registration only years later?
    . . .
    If you can examine the Kardex, go to the top line of the document and look for the 'Händler Nr' --- 'dealer number' . . . another post . . .
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...l=1#post652777

Quote Originally Posted by HughH View Post
    . . . Factory 100 delivery is a real bonus. It may be a factory collection for a genuine client but in later years and especially for Australia where I have records these are shown as the country or dealer codes where ordered from with a tourist delivery special note. I will check some records when I am next at home. Otherwise factory use 100 is usually reserved to my knowledge for research dept, competition dept (unlikely in this case) , personal executive use (possible as these are usually company cars for one year and a real bonus if it is one and would almost certainly have Porsche as the first registered owner) and maybe press dept. ( also possible but they usually have low numbered cars) As far as I know dealer demo cars had dealer codes not factory codes but maybe that is different if the dealer was in Stuttgart although even in that case I would have expected a Stuttgart dealer code on it . . .
    There are instances where cars were retained by the Faktory --- not for storage . . . but as 'company' cars for Porsche executives, or 'loaners' for contract drivers. Porsche would retain ownership until the vehicle was sold off by them --- which would be the date you noticed

And while you're at it, look for any comments written at 'Wagenbesitzer' = 'vehicle owner'

Anyway, you really need to look at that Kardex, see what it says

You might be surprised by what turns up . . .

. . . I sure was!
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...l=1#post732565

We Can Be Heroes