Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 1972 Tour de corsa RSR photos and info

I think you mistyped 'period photo about the 1978 car' . Just to be clear , the photo I just previously posted above is the Larousse Monte Carlo 1972 car - presumably photographed in 1972.

Here is the interior of the Safari 1978 Preston car interior (no. 14 / S-DE 6393) , I was wrong when I spoke of the dash as the Waldegard Safari 78 car. This is the photo I was refering to.....it is actually the Preston car .....notice the speaker grill outline. As far as I know this type of dashpad was only available through 1976 MY. Of course that is for production availability.

The Safari 78 cars might be listed in the newer version of the Barth - Boschen book , I only have the original edition.

As far as I know this is period 1978 (I also have a contemporary photo from the factory museum showing the dash speaker grill outline even clearer).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by peekaboo View Post
    I think you mistyped 'period photo about the 1978 car' . Just to be clear , the photo I just previously posted above is the Larousse Monte Carlo 1972 car - presumably photographed in 1972.
    yes, i see it now
    about the zasada 911s, the car is still alive?
    as i know, ran in argentina and more countries in 1967
    but i can't find yet something in the forum

another old photoName:  as-73-04i-04.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  65.5 KB

another one
    Name:  herbert%u002520muller%20porsche.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  140.4 KB

Resurrecting an old thread.
    By chance I saw a reference here that factory car R1 had been discovered, presumably this year, after not being positively sighted since the TdC in November 1972 and has been sold by John Starkey as a "restoration project"
    the text says
    Factory car "R1" 911 360 0019

Road registred LEO-ZA 68, owner : Porsche KG racing department

Tour de Corse 1972, car n°6

Ex-Bjorn Waldegaard

Used for testing

Sold

2014 offer for sale by John Starkey as a restoration project

Sold to present owner

and this photo (which I had never seen before) was also posted
    Name:  154423938.FtBeNzgH.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  90.5 KB

I have to admit to being surprised at seeing this (or maybe I have been asleep for the past little while)
    I would have thought the finding of the sister car to the factory Museum RSR and one of the two first RS /RSR's entered in competition might have raised a little more attention

I would be very interested to hear if anyone else knows any more
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

I think that may be we could see another RS-3 Pre-prototype #911 360 0003..... may be #0004... in a few years... may be abandoned in an old forgotten farm...

May be someone find in the an old forgotten Porsche AG folder, a document to see that It really existed....

Thanks Hugh!!

nice¡¡¡ i would love to see another restoration

Note the driver in this car . .Mark Donohue with his 1972 Helmet on. Lots of stories from him about he development of this car in his book and the foundations of the 1973 cars he raced with George Follmer. And of course the rest of the testing sessions evolved the Long Tail 917/30. Photos are just amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by HughH View Post
    resurrecting an old thread on the tour de corse RS's and the development of the RSR for the track

here are two photos I stumbled across on another site of R2 at the Paul Ricard test track immediately after the TdC event.

these are much earlier than i have ever seen before as they still have the red and white on the doors as seen at the TdC, unlike the plain white doors that are in the other photos, and still have much of the signage from the TdC but not the lights etc.

the first one seems to still be in narrow body form (albeit hacked about a bit) while the second one has the wide flares that were crafted at the circuit to suit wider wheels etc needed to turn the rally car into a track car.

the final photo is at a later stage in testing with the white doors that are familiar from other photos of those tests

Shame about all the missing content......real shame

A nice shot of LEO ZA 68 on the DDK pic thread:
    http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/vie...11&start=11160

Name:  72 - Corsica Rally LEO ZA 68.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  140.2 KB
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624