After an unfortunate mishap on the PacWest tour to SLO my 71’ 914-6 wound up with a rather sizeable dent on the Rt. Front fender. A real bummer… So now the question of how to deal with it. First a little background, I’m the original owner, the SIX still has the original paint and is in very good shape. Not to mention it only has 57,000 miles on the clock . Don’t get me wrong here, this is a driver and not a hanger queen. Conventional repair was out of the question, There’s no way to match the 36 year old paint. After a little research on dent removal I went to the local paint-less dent removal shop (Dent Wizard in Bellevue). A very nice and honest fellow, unfortunately he told me exactly what I didn’t want to hear. The older cars have thicker gauge sheet metal, along with some undercoat or mastic. Also the paint is totally cured by now (technical term for very brittle). In short he could not guarantee the paint would not crack when attempting to remove the dent. I remember reading about a guy in Tacoma by the name of Birch Abraham aka Dentcrafter, and heard a lot of good things about him. Well, to make a long story short I took the car in to him today and he did an excellent job! His tool selection kind of looks like a collection of mid-evil torture devices, but he defiantly knows his craft. Birch spent about five hours on the car, took the time to explain some of his methods and reassured me that he could do the job without cracking the paint. He also took care of a few other little issues I have collected over the years. Bottom line, the car looks great. If anyone has a similar situation, I highly recommend Birch.