Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are these real 7R wheels?

Rob Abbott

You can't tell without looking at the back...
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

I'm sure whoever paid 2800 for them figured they were the real deal. As Kenik points out, they don't look any different from the front.
    Tom F.

'67 911S Slate Gray
    '70 911T 2.8 hotrod (in progress)
    '92 964

I know the seller, he knows his stuff. So assume they were real.

Eric

Anyone one know what the market price is for 7R wheels these days.
    Thanks,
    Phil

old softie67S

market price

I thought the buy it now at $2800 was very reasonable. I recently paid more than that.
    Tom

67S soft rear window
    60 356 Cab
    70 914-6 3.2 short stroke twin plug
    05 Audi S4 Cabrio (commuter)
    05 Audi Alroad (family driver)
    Aprilia SR 50R (Sanibel scoot)

I bought them for a 911R conversion project, of my 68L. I spoke to the seller prior to purchase, there was no ink stamping on them, not surprising since they had been refinished; but had the correct offset. With so many people looking for them, and the bidding at $2500, with 6 days to go, I figured I better pull the trigger. The photos weren't the best, so I was trying to get some feed back from the forum to confirm they were the real deal. I hate spending this much money on something I can't lay my hands on, but its not like they come up on my local Craigs list. I think the local pickup only, was the deal breaker for many. I contacted two shippers for pickup and delivery to Maryland, Conway wanted $436.90!!! UPS wants $218.61!!. I figure even with the added shipping cost I am still in the right price range. I think I will have to put my aluminum RS short hood up for sale.
    Rob Abbott

youre getting ripped off!

.......On the shipping that is!
    I just shipped 2 8" to Germany with $1000 of insurance for $125
    and 1 6" to Brazil for $72 insured.
    How about a 2.4S case to Spain for $180

Where are these wheels coming from????
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

Quote Originally Posted by super9064
    I bought them for a 911R conversion project, of my 68L. I spoke to the seller prior to purchase, there was no ink stamping on them, not surprising since they had been refinished; but had the correct offset. With so many people looking for them, and the bidding at $2500, with 6 days to go, I figured I better pull the trigger. The photos weren't the best, so I was trying to get some feed back from the forum to confirm they were the real deal. I hate spending this much money on something I can't lay my hands on, but its not like they come up on my local Craigs list. I think the local pickup only, was the deal breaker for many. I contacted two shippers for pickup and delivery to Maryland, Conway wanted $436.90!!! UPS wants $218.61!!. I figure even with the added shipping cost I am still in the right price range. I think I will have to put my aluminum RS short hood up for sale.
    I ship wheels via USPS all the time; $25-$35 each + insurance. WTF. FREIGHT?!?! This guy won't even take them to a shipping place for you? Yeesh.

As long as they don't have deep 6 numbers on the back they should be good to go.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Just spoke to the seller, he is going to drop them off at the UPS store, they will pack, insure, and send for a much more reasonable fee of $150. The seller seams to be a very nice guy, I think the issue was more, he didn't know how to best pack them.
    Rob Abbott